Philippine Airlines Travel Credits

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I was wondering if anyone has any experiences to share with getting travel credits for PAL tickets.  Last night I submitted 5 requests via MyPal Request for travel credit for our 5 tickets, Manila to Cebu Christmas Day.  I was hoping I could do one request but PAL even got back to me on FB saying it will be 1 voucher per passenger.  That was before I submitted.

Any pitfalls to look out for?  I know for refunds people have waited months and years, but credits should be quick, I hope.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Good luck Don. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 12/22/2021 at 7:00 AM, Old55 said:

Good luck Don. 

I think you mean I'm going to need it!

I submitted the requests on Monday and you get an acknowledgement e-mail.  And they say up to 7 days for it to be processed and then you get a confirmation e-mail.  The MyPAL Request just uses a Google form to send them your info.  Not very high tech and not linked to their reservation system.

What makes me nervous is that their reservation system continues to send out reminders "Get ready for your flight on 12/25", etc.  Not reassuring.  However, someone does answer their FB messages quickly, and they said I just have to be patient and wait for the confirmation.

Related to this, Jpark finally got back to me this morning, after many days of trying.  They posted a gmail address and answered the e-mail I sent there yesterday.  On Facebook, they just posted yesterday "We are now accepting new reservations and arrivals". 

In their e-mail today, they said:

Good day!

Please be informed that Jpark is open to accommodate all guests who wish to push through with their accommodation.
You may reconsider your stay or would you like resched your stay dates? Kindly advise us your final stay dates for next year.

Thank you.

I find it very strange that they are pushing tourists to arrive in Mactan during such a terrible time with limited resources available to locals and their facilities must be in sad shape.  I posted this picture of Crimson and I'm sure Jpark beach must be in similar shape.

267716323_4807564812652543_6623126824424526227_n.jpg

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I find it very strange that they are pushing tourists to arrive in Mactan during such a terrible time with limited resources available to locals and their facilities must be in sad shape. 

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Edited by Old55
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 12/23/2021 at 4:20 PM, OnMyWay said:

I submitted the requests on Monday and you get an acknowledgement e-mail.  And they say up to 7 days for it to be processed and then you get a confirmation e-mail.  The MyPAL Request just uses a Google form to send them your info.  Not very high tech and not linked to their reservation system.

What makes me nervous is that their reservation system continues to send out reminders "Get ready for your flight on 12/25", etc.  Not reassuring.  However, someone does answer their FB messages quickly, and they said I just have to be patient and wait for the confirmation.

Follow up.  Yesterday I received an email from PAL saying they processed my travel credit request for all 5 tickets, bags and seat charges.  3 months after submission

This was a big surprise, because I had called them 3 times in Dec/Jan and each person I spoke to said the cheap tickets were not eligible for travel credit, only rebooking.  And, they were not even sure I would not have a rebooking charge.  They all said they would get back to me and never did.  Terrible experience trying to get through to them and talk with someone who knew what they were talking about.

So, now I wait for a follow up e-mail that will have the actual credit information.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, OnMyWay said:

So, now I wait for a follow up e-mail that will have the actual credit information.

Hopefully you will not get a text that says "Sorry sir, your credits expired yesterday".  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Hopefully you will not get a text that says "Sorry sir, your credits expired yesterday".  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Fingers crossed!

• 1 month later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/1/2022 at 8:33 AM, OnMyWay said:

Follow up.  Yesterday I received an email from PAL saying they processed my travel credit request for all 5 tickets, bags and seat charges.  3 months after submission

Followup followup.  PAL is baffling.  I think their IT is the same as One Pass.

On April 3 I got the 5 travel credits, but it was only for me.  One RT ticket, 2 seat charges and 2 bag charges.  5 different vouchers that I will have to use for a purchase.  I originally thought it was going to be 5 credits for my family of 5.

The rest of my family, nothing.  So finally we went to the reopened PAL office in Angles on April 30.  They looked up the 4 ticket numbers and said they could not help.  They said they were already flagged for credits and they could do nothing.  I would have to call.

Here is some good info though.  I explained that I had already spent a lot of time on the phone with Manila, often on hold, getting dropped, etc.  She recommended I use a new SMART number they have (it is now on the website too) 0919 056 2255.  I ended up calling 3 times and each time I got through in less than a minute.  And one time, the called dropped and the PAL rep called me right back!  And on the last rep, I said I was concerned about being dropped and he said he would call back if that happened.  So it appears that this SMART system is working well.

I finally called on May 6 and despite a few setbacks on the phone, they were accommodating, fixed the issue (I hope).  They said it would take 7-12 working days and I should get the credits.  On May 7 I got 3 or the 4 credits.  I'm still waiting for the 4th.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

That's awesome Don. Hope it all works out for you.

Good info on that phone number.

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 5/11/2022 at 9:09 AM, OnMyWay said:

I finally called on May 6 and despite a few setbacks on the phone, they were accommodating, fixed the issue (I hope).  They said it would take 7-12 working days and I should get the credits.  On May 7 I got 3 or the 4 credits.  I'm still waiting for the 4th.

Finally this part of the fiasco is done.  After spending another 45 minutes on the phone with them yesterday, I finally have all the travel credits.  What a stupid system.  Each credit can only be applied to the same traveler name.  I have 13 separate credits with 13 voucher numbers and 13 PINs.  5 tickets, 6 bag charges, 2 seat charges.

Supposedly you can use the vouchers when paying online.  You would have to enter them one at a time, voucher # and PIN, for each traveler.  I'm fairly certain there is an option to pay at a PAL ticket office.  When I use them, I will go to the office and let them do the work.