Contraception

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Just read where the president wants families to limit to 3 children per household to ease the poverty in the country, which would have to be brought about by contraception.

I wonder what the Catholic Church thinks about this, would they be the ones to dish out rubbers at church services?

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

I wonder what the Catholic Church thinks about this

Publically they will denounce it as per church doctrine, speak to a priest one on one with out his collar on and they are for it.

I am not sure if free contraception will work anyway. We live within spitting distance of some really poor areas. Not a day goes by where a young pregnant teen is not seen or carrying a baby. I don't know if it the result of rape, incest, lack of education (hard to believe they don't know the birds and the bees when dogs and cats are seen humping everyday), boredom or just desperation of poor girls who just want something they can call their own.

All I do know is that the poor even in rich countries where contraception is free or cheap and easy to get they don't seem to use it, so why would it work here?

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Maybe apart from an education program, they could ensure that every household has a television set.

Even here in Australia there are teenage girls in shopping centres with babies but this is different system where the government encourages population growth and the welfare system looks after them.

Of course there are the areas here where there are 3 generations of adults in the one house that just keep pumping out babies and none of the 3 generations have ever had a job.

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Believe or not, television watching actually works to reduce pregnancies. 

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Catholic Church official recommendation for the unmarried is the practice of sex abstinence without explanation and details.  The church is likewise against sex education, which is nearly universal in the West.  If you simply distribute condoms, teenagers and the newly married may simply blow them up as balloons.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Just read where the president wants families to limit to 3 children per household to ease the poverty in the country, which would have to be brought about by contraception.

I wonder what the Catholic Church thinks about this, would they be the ones to dish out rubbers at church services?

From what I read he was mainly joking with his advice. He also said taking the pill is for women and that wont work for men so best to cut off the penis but the wives wont be happy. He went on to say he was making people laugh while waiting for relief goods.

As for contraception, well its widely available and has been for several years now so nothing new and the church haven't said anything for years. You can get the pill or buy condoms in 7/11 or pharmacy.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As for contraception, well its widely available and has been for several years now so nothing new and the church haven't said anything for years. You can get the pill or buy condoms in 7/11 or pharmacy.

Doctors recommend the pill for women whom have just had a baby.  

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

So would I be correct in saying that it is only the well educated girls that have brains do not get babied up as teenagers?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

well educated girls that have brains

add middle to upper middle class and you got it :thumbsup:

I have 4 nieces, now all in their 30's, none had a child prior to marriage and all are well into their 20's. All college educated. 

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

So would I be correct in saying that it is only the well educated girls that have brains do not get babied up as teenagers?

More and more ladies who have career goals recognize having a child at a young age kills any dream of success. 

• Like 2