Contraception

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

while they stay home and look after the children, yeah right.

change that to drink beer and raise fighting cocks and I am with ya :thumbsup:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

I remember during the war, most of the service workers on our bases were from the Philippines, laundry service, barbershops, PX staff things like that. (it was funny but for some reason all the workers in the dining facility were from Pakistan :whatever:)

Recruitment agency contracts.  Their task is to process employment applications, select the best applicants and provide all kinds of assistance until departure.  If the agency is in Pakistan, you will get Pakistani workers.  Same thing happens in the cruise industry.  All the cabin attendants might be from the Philippines.  But that has changed recently.  Management prefers greater diversity.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

Regarding OFW, there is a large need for health care workers in the US and the doors are wide open for filipino's to get a work visa.  There are quite a few newly arrived filipino nurses in my area, many coming from working OFW in the middle east. Even families with children where both parents work in health care. The recruitment agencies are taking care of everything for them, finding housing, etc.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Same here in Australia they are in all hospitals and are encouraged to come here.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, earthdome said:

many coming from working OFW in the middle east.

Thats because the current administration here put a limit on the number of nurses who can work overseas. 

Meanwhile, due to poor pay and work conditions there are almost as many nurses working at call centers as in hospitals,,,,,,or sitting at home waiting to go abroad.

groan.jpg

• Like 2