ACR-I card type and benefits?

Tazbo
Posted
Posted

I'm British and thinking about entering as a tourist to check out the Phils as a place to stay. I will not be employed or married to a citizen/resident.

Will an ACR-I permit me to lease land, own and register a vehicle, and import pets?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Tazbo said:

I'm British and thinking about entering as a tourist to check out the Phils as a place to stay. I will not be employed or married to a citizen/resident.

Will an ACR-I permit me to lease land, own and register a vehicle, and import pets?

Just incase you dont know. All tourist must pay for an ACR card on the second extensions so it's not like you apply for something with extra benefits.

Leasing land I think is fine as we can rent or lease a condo or house.

Owning a vehicle, someone else can answer that.

I believe anyone can import pets if they follow the procedure.

You might consider a SRRV visa as well.

Lastly no tourist allowed at the moment so plan for the future as in checking out a place to stay.

• Like 4

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Over the years I have used my ACR-I cards mostly as an ID card. Like when I got my vaccinations, etc. Since my passport is kept by my visa renewal service in MNL while I am in-country, where they also obtain and keep my current ACR-I card, I usually use a previous year's one in my possession and have never had anyone question it or had a problem with that over the many years that they have been in existence and required.

I do not drive here. A photocopy of my passport and an outdated ACR-I card seemed to satisfy all requirements to date while moving about in-country up till now.... but who knows if and when things will change when things get moving again.

• Like 4