Transfer money from Australia

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I keep an Australia SIM active in my spare phone when I'm in the philippines, it doesn't cost anything to receive a text message overseas, only costs if you call or txt out and Australia has SIM only plans as low as $10 per month.

Thanks Geoff, good tip. I have a token thing with Westpac for security purposes, with the wallet thing it didn’t ask me for a code, so I will have to be prepared for a hiccup there because it was so easy.
Happy New Year to you mate, and of course both of us would be more happier if we weren’t here.

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks Geoff, good tip. I have a token thing with Westpac for security purposes, with the wallet thing it didn’t ask me for a code, so I will have to be prepared for a hiccup there because it was so easy.
Happy New Year to you mate, and of course both of us would be more happier if we weren’t here.

I tried Westpac for a service, but that was only ph enquiry, next time I'm in town I'll do a bit of leg work regarding banks and transfers

Clermont
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Do you guys use the worldremit app or online site? Been awhile since I have transferred money but I could do it from here and from memory there's no code or questions when using the app.

As for tens of thousands, as far as I know 10k is the limit with worldremit anyway.

Things are changing all the time, I use online more security according to the bank, the limit is 300K for a transfer.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

And Happy New Year to you too mate :7481::7500:

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
On 12/31/2021 at 8:38 AM, GeoffH said:

I keep an Australia SIM active in my spare phone when I'm in the philippines, it doesn't cost anything to receive a text message overseas, only costs if you call or txt out and Australia has SIM only plans as low as $10 per month.

I do the same Geoff.... I use Vodafone and as you say it is as cheap as AUD$10 to activate international sms...I mainly use it for Centrelink messages in MyGov. 

Money transfer from Westpac I use Wise formerly Transferwise for years and have been very happy with them. 

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, OzeMike said:

I mainly use it for Centrelink messages in MyGov. 

Yes... myGov wants to send SMS verifying access to their website everytime.

Need a phone for that also.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 1/1/2022 at 11:22 AM, GeoffH said:

Yes... myGov wants to send SMS verifying access to their website everytime.

Need a phone for that also.

Same with the UK DWP website. I only access once a year so no big deal but for some reason the SMS won't send to my phone yet does to another if I switch the SIM card - PITA.

These systems are not set up for a country where CP coverage is patchy - even the banks here use such a systen knowing the reality. For some, this makes online banking etc unusable.

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

As a backup plan I have also registered with OFX money transfers.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 1/1/2022 at 5:02 AM, Clermont said:

Things are changing all the time, I use online more security according to the bank, the limit is 300K for a transfer.

I see. I think you are talking about peso and bank to bank transfer where l was thinking cash pickup. This is the limits according to WR website.

How much can I send to bank accounts in the Philippines?
Metrobank: A maximum of PHP 500,000 per PHP transfer, while up to USD5,000 per USD transfer
Philippine National Bank (PNB): This depends on your send country and chosen payment method
LandBank: This depends on your send country and chosen payment method
Banco de Oro (BDO): A maximum of PHP 500,000 per PHP transfer, while up to USD5,000 per USD transfer
Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI): This depends on your send country and chosen payment method
Any other bank accounts in the Philippines: A maximum of PHP 300,000 per transfer

Clermont
Posted
Posted

As I said I'd come back with an answer as to this silly SMS procedure. The bank emailed me and said they have re-instated my security question starting on the 5/1/22 and going through until 1/7/ 23, What I implied was, Worldremitt had an office in Australia and followed Australian rules why can't I transfer money to them as Pay anyone on my bank tab, I do to other people. The onus would be on them to do their security checks, that was my outcome, the other transfer mobs just didn't meet my standards.:cheersty: I hope this helps someone as banks are trying to dictate to customers :508:

• Like 2