Transfer money from Australia

Boinky69
Posted
Posted

Hi Guys, First post here!

I think using an online app like Revolut allows for local Aust Bank transfers to Revolut no questions asked then the ability to make FX transfers from the Revolut app onwards including philippines...current rate as at 9-1-2022 is 1AUD to P36.74...you can also get a Revolut Visa debit card (virtual and physical) along with online 1 use expiring Visa cards...You can use the Visa Debit for ATM withdrawals overseas (with some limits depending on volumes you are withdrawing monthly).. hope this helps ...

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Welcome Boinky 69,  as I said in my last post it has nothing to do with Government restrictions, it is squarely a bank thing, them trying to make you use their transfer section by making it harder for overseas customers to use other money lenders. Well they got exposed and in Australia we have an Ombudsman that controls banking and after I explained I've talked to their complaints department and getting " sorry sir, I will look into it, " Knowing full well the problem hasn't been resolved, that's where you go. Anyway they back peddled and in a day or two I'll be sending money over, so we'll see if the complaints department have brushed up on there English and understand what is being told to them. :508: Gee it's good to get the frustration out of the system.

• Like 3

• 2 years later...
Boinky69
Posted
Posted

Im now using Wise which is now available in Australia. There is a transfer fee but it seems reasonable. Funds are generally in the PI within a day or two. Basically pain free and all done via my phone app from anywhere in the world.

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted
On 12/31/2021 at 11:38 AM, GeoffH said:

I keep an Australia SIM active in my spare phone when I'm in the philippines, it doesn't cost anything to receive a text message overseas, only costs if you call or txt out and Australia has SIM only plans as low as $10 per month.

You didn't mention what provider offered that plan and i'm not going to guess, i had the same issue, i went with Amaysim on a 365 day plan now before i travel i buy a roaming pack just to get OTC, i hope it fixes the problem.

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 19-46-32 SIM Only Plans & Prepaid Mobile Plans - Australia.png

Ozzyboy
Posted
Posted

I've always used Western Union, check exchange rates and fees first, i use ANZ, no problem.