Air BNB Trip From Hell!

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, graham59 said:

Just give me a hotel room and spare me all that nonsense.

I am with you on this one Graham. First time we went to our favorite resort (with my BIL) we rented BnB condos,,the condo my BIL got was fully furnished with nice stuff, the one we got, whelp I have been in better furnished barracks. Since then we just go to the resort hotel and just flat out love it.

21 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The building was pretty bad.

The main reason I would never buy a condo here. Never guaranteed that the management company wont change and stop doing proper maintenance. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, graham59 said:

I wish it were so easy.  I always check hotels too.  The problem is finding a nice place that will have a room for 5.  Even though 2 of the 5 are small kids, it is very hard.  Even harder since Covid, and they placed more restrictions on how many people can be in a room.

Adjacent rooms are nice, and last year we got a deal at Clark Hilton.  A deal was $230 for 2 adjacent rooms for one night.

On our Mactan Trip, I had two nights booked at JPark resort, and we were really looking forward to it.  They allowed extra 5th person for p2000 a night.  We got a coupon deal on Lazada.  All-in, Jpark was going to cost me p21600 for 2 nights.  $422.

For comparison, 3 nights at a roomy 2 br condo at Newtown Mactan was going to cost me about p21000.

The prices for Philippine hotels and AirBnbs have gone up drastically.  Luzon is much worse than Mactan.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
26 minutes ago, scott h said:

The main reason I would never buy a condo here.

That my Friend is why most of us sane people  Build ourselves a home you know it makes sense 1.jpg:wink:

• Like 4

HappyJack
Posted
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, graham59 said:

I agree.  I would NEVER stay at an airbnb.  Way too much BS going on.  Strictly hotels for me.  And ANY place that asks me for a vax card will lose my business.  I am NOT living in Nazi Germany.

Edited by HappyJack
  • Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, HappyJack said:

I agree.  I would NEVER stay at an airbnb.  Way too much BS going on.  Strictly hotels for me.  And ANY place that asks me for a vax card will lose my business.  I am NOT living in Nazi Germany.

For us it is contextual. For short stays of one or two nights we will use a hotel. For longer stays an AirBnB or VRBO. Why? For a longer stay we will more likely want to prepare some of our own meals, breakfast at a minimum, and have more room to relax.

I concur regarding the vax cards.

• Like 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted

We stayed in an Airbnb in Baguio before covid and it was very nice but the caretaker and his family lived on-sight, it felt like we were being policed the whole time.

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, graham59 said:

Well said, my experience is that there is not much difference between a 2 star hotel and Airbnb, why bother.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

A bit off topic. I stayed in a 2 star hotel in Manila, where of course when you go to check out they send staff to inspect the room for anything missing.

While having breakfast I noticed a group of Chinese checking out, and the inspection revealed a towel missing, so the got the hotel security team in and inspected everyone’s luggage, virtually pulling out the contents and then repacking looking for a towel.

oh the joys of travel

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

looking for a towel.

FFS! Dont go and leave us hanging! Did they find the towel? Did they make them pay for it, did a remake of a Bruce lee movie happen in the lobby! That policy has been around for as long as I remember, I want the BLOODY DETAILS :hystery:

2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

whats wrong with you.gif

• Haha 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:
9 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

so the got the hotel security team in and inspected everyone’s luggage,

Come on you can't leave us hanging in wind, what happened .:tongue: