13A...Letter to the commisioner?

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

Has anyone written the letter to the commissioner requesting a 13A visa/  What should it say?

Thanks,

Jack

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

First (Probationary) one ? 

The Honorable Commissioner Jaime H. Morente
2nd Floor, Bureau of Immigration Bldg.
Magallanes Drive, Intramuros Manila

Dear Commissioner:

May I respectfully request a Non-Quota Immigrant Visa under Section 13, Paragraph A of the Philippine Immigrant Act as amended, in favor of my foreign spouse (name of spouse), a .......... National. I am (name of the Filipino spouse), a Philippine Citizen. We were married in (place of marriage) on .......

I am enclosing here, copies of the following documents to prove my above-cited information:
My NSO-Issued Birth Certificate
Our NSO-Issued Marriage Certificate
Photocopy of the pertinent pages of his passport.
a. Bio-Page
b. Page/s showing:
1. His immigration admission and its extension/s.

Sincerely,

(Name of the Filipino Spouse)
Petitioner/Filipino Spouse
Address:

(Name of the (your nationality) Spouse)
Applicant/.......... National

You have to sign it above your name in front of the lawyer.

First check the above wording with your local immigration office though, plus with the Attorney who will be required to notarize the letter...and other documents, the details of which will be supplied by the Immigration Office nearest to you. 

Worked for me.  I'm going in there tomorrow to apply for my Probationary 13A to be converted to a Permanent one. Wish me luck. :unsure:

Edited by graham59
  • Like 5

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

Thank You

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, graham59 said:

Wish me luck. :unsure:

Did you read the BI notices on FB? Might affect your appointment. 

graham59
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Did you read the BI notices on FB? Might affect your appointment. 

I think we'll be fine, as I'.m going to Dagupan office (walk-in...no appointment required), and only level 2 up here. Not had any problems there before. 

• Like 1

HappyJack
Posted
Posted

What type of envelope/folder do the papers go in?

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)

Legal size (14 1/2" x  approx. 9") beige folder,...is what I have used.    :smile:

Edited by graham59

HappyJack
Posted
Posted
On 1/5/2022 at 9:44 PM, graham59 said:

Legal size (14 1/2" x  approx. 9") beige folder,...is what I have used.    :smile:

Thanks Graham.  How did your immigration visit go?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, HappyJack said:

Thanks Graham.  How did your immigration visit go?

I think he has been detained :mocking:

• Haha 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

Our docs were acceptable... and now being processed. 

Actually, this wasn't me... :unsure:

(From BI Facebook page) ...

06 January 2022
PRESS RELEASE
BI nabs American fugitive wanted for stalking
The Bureau of Immigration Fugitive Search Unit (BI FSU) welcomed the new year with the arrest of an American wanted by US federal authorities for the crime of stalking.
BI Commissioner Jaime Morente said 49-year-old Joe Miller Grubb III was arrested Tuesday, along Jorge Bocobo Street, Malate, Manila by operatives from the Bureau’s FSU.
Morente said Grubb will be deported for being an undesirable alien, and he will be sent back to the US as soon as the BI Board of Commissioners issues the order for his summary deportation.
“He will then be included in our blacklist, and perpetually banned from re-entering the country for being an undesirable alien,” the BI Chief added.
According to BI-FSU Chief Rendel Ryan Sy, Grubb is already an undocumented alien due to the cancellation of his passport by the State Department.
He bared that the American had been hiding in the country for the past five months based on record that he last arrived here on August 27 last year.
“US authorities also said he is on the wanted list of the FBI, and that he is subject of an arrest warrant issued by the US District Court in Western Virginia where he is charged with stalking,” Sy said.
Stalking basically refers to the unwanted and repeated surveillance by a person toward another person. It is often associated with the offenses of harassment and intimidation.
Grubb is presently detained at the BI Warden Facility in Camp Bagong Diwa, Taguig City pending deportation proceedings.