Do you need to apply for a ViSA if you stay no longer than 30 days in the Philippines from the netherlands

Flower123
Posted
Posted

Hey 

I have been reading a lot of information regarding to my planned holiday in the Philippines and I am stuck with some questions and hoping to find some answers here. 

I am traveling from The Netherlands to Davao the Dutch website that provides the VISA show that if you don't stay longer then 30 days you do not need a VISA is that still the case because of COVID ? 

I know I have to be in quarantine for at least 6 days but that doesn't bother me I am just afraid that if I fly there on the 30th of January I will be send home if I arrive there. 

I Hope someone can help me out that has more experience in traveling to the Philippines

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

Hi Flower and welcome to the forums. 

Only Philippine nationals or those married to, or the parent of a Philippine national can enter the country at the moment.  If married to a Philippine national you an either enter with them or apply for a 9a visa before departure.  I've just been through the 9a process and it's quite the rigmarole.  

Just a note about quarantine:  If from a yellow list country, which you are, you have to hotel quarantine and on the 5th day a PCR test is taken.  You have to remain in hotel quarantine until a negative test is returned which can be 1-3 days.  After the negative test is back you have to home quarantine until the 14th day after arrival.  

Short answer to your question:  No you currently can't enter the Philippines as a tourist.  

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
48 minutes ago, Flower123 said:

Hey 

I have been reading a lot of information regarding to my planned holiday in the Philippines and I am stuck with some questions and hoping to find some answers here. 

I am traveling from The Netherlands to Davao the Dutch website that provides the VISA show that if you don't stay longer then 30 days you do not need a VISA is that still the case because of COVID ? 

I know I have to be in quarantine for at least 6 days but that doesn't bother me I am just afraid that if I fly there on the 30th of January I will be send home if I arrive there. 

I Hope someone can help me out that has more experience in traveling to the Philippines

Best to keep up to date with the BI facebook page. As Brett said, as a tourist you wont be comming here and I suspect for awhile yet. 

Normally you will not need a visa as you would get a visa on arrival and then extend before the 30 days are up but for now forget it.

• Like 1