Some US to Philippines flight bargains out there now.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A quick check of flights from Seattle to Cebu brings up some bargains. Best price $818 but it's Alaska + PAL.

Departing SFO seems to provide overall cheapest. Singapore or PAL mid May - mid Aug. Direct to Singapore then CEB is ~$900 from SFO.

Not sure the cost if any for a refund or flexible date if canceled. 

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

A quick check of flights from Seattle to Cebu brings up some bargains. Best price $818 but it's Alaska + PAL.

Departing SFO seems to provide overall cheapest. Singapore or PAL mid May - mid Aug. Direct to Singapore then CEB is ~$900 from SFO.

Where are you looking?

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Would need something, May is a little way away and who knows what will be going on then.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

We are on our 4th set of US to PI tickets in the past 4 months. The first 3 sets were canceled when the various airlines were not selling enough tickets and canceled the flights(Air Canada, Asiana and I can't recall the name of the other airline, but it was Korean). Yesterday we paid for tix on Philippine Airlines. The wife is sure they won't cancel. I am cautiously hopeful.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2

skippyscage
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, Guy F. said:

We are on our 4th set of US to PI tickets in the past 4 months. The first 3 sets were canceled when the various airlines were not selling enough tickets and canceled the flights(Air Canada, Asiana and I can't recall the name of the other airline, but it was Korean). Yesterday we paid for tix on Philippine Airlines. The wife is sure they won't cancel. I am cautiously hopeful.

try looking at United Airlines via Guam - Guam to Manila is a milk-run service, due to the high population of Filipinos in Guam and rarely cancels - it's close to an every-other-day service.

I've used it twice routing US mainland-HNL-GUM-MNL - UAL cancels less than PAL, plus only the last flight is technically International.

Cathy Pacific generally publishes daily flights, but a high % are freight only and pax booked get cancelled also.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, skippyscage said:

I've used it twice routing US mainland-HNL-GUM-MNL - UAL cancels less than PAL, plus only the last flight is technically International.

Strange world now.  A friend of mine was supposed to fly that route last week.  When he got to Guam, the UA pilots called in sick for the HNL flight.  So they sent him to Narita and then on to SFO.  I think his total flight time ended up being only a few hours longer, and he was in first class.

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Guy F. said:

For the same reason I booked with PAL. I took a look on flight tracker and it seems they have the fewest cancellations. Plus if it does cancel, I’ll still be in the USA and can easily get a room near the airport and await the next flight. 

• Like 4

KC813
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Where are you looking?

I have found Google Flights (google. com / flights) to be one of the best ways to find future flight options.  After searching your departure/arrival cities and some random dates, you can click on "Price Graph" to see an interactive chart showing prices for the next 11 months.  You can also refine the search to specific airlines.

Obviously, there has been a lot of flight disruptions the last 19 months, so all the airlines can do is publish routes and fares that they think/hope will be allowed to fly in the future.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Where are you looking?

Not an expert but we use;

https://www.skyscanner.com

Expedia travel 

Airline website 

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Skyscanner is my goto website as well... I've used expedia and booking.com sometimes too.

• Like 1