Martial Law Coming for the Un-Vaxxed?

Gator
Posted
Posted

A friend in Angeles just informed me that soon those who are unvaccinated will essentially be restricted to their homes. They will only be allowed out to perform essential duties, such as food shopping, to/from work and other essential activities (not defined, but presumably to seek medical attention, etc)

https://www.rappler.com/nation/unvaccinated-people-metro-manila-prohibited-going-outside/

https://www.philstar.com/nation/2022/01/05/2151972/ncr-lgus-approve-ordinances-restricting-mobility-unvaccinated-amid-covid-19-surge

I just wonder if this will lead to more lockdowns and how they plan to enforce it? In addition, she told me she's been trying to get vaccinated, but keeps getting told "no stock". So how can the government put such regulations in place when they don't have enough vaccine for those who want it? It also makes me wonder if this will spread nationwide. I wouldn't be surprised if Cebu (or at least Cebu City) soon follows suit.

• Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Gator said:

I just wonder if this will lead to more lockdowns and how they plan to enforce it? In addition, she told me she's been trying to get vaccinated, but keeps getting told "no stock". So how can the government put such regulations in place when they don't have enough vaccine for those who want it? It also makes me wonder if this will spread nationwide. I wouldn't be surprised if Cebu (or at least Cebu City) soon follows suit.

Not sure of why told no stock as there's plenty of it from what I read every day. Just today the news report big numbers turning out to be vaccinated in Cebu possibly because of the omicron scare.

As for non vaccinated in Manila, stay home or be arrested says Duterte 

Cebu has not seen such a new high rate yet although it is climbing.

• Like 3

Gas
Posted
Posted

We were in Manila yesterday and only the mall checked our vaccination cards. 
There were no checkpoints, kids were playing in the street and people seemed to be going about their daily business. 
It will be impossible for them to enforce a total lockdown of the unvaccinated. 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gator said:

how they plan to enforce it

2 minutes ago, Gas said:

If your brgy captain can't do it, your neighbors will arrest you.

270255964_3954241454678429_2782472525919765503_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gas said:

😂 my captain and most of his councilors haven’t been vaccinated. 

Its basically a threat

25 minutes ago, Gas said:

We were in Manila yesterday and only the mall checked our vaccination cards. 
There were no checkpoints, kids were playing in the street and people seemed to be going about their daily business. 

MANILA, Philippines — More areas will be placed under the stricter Alert Level 3 from Sunday, January 9, as the Philippines contends with a rapidly increasing number of COVID-19 infections.

The government's pandemic task force approved the recommendation of its data analytics group to impose tighter restrictions on 14 areas, Cabinet Secretary Karlo Nograles announced Thursday.

The following areas will be under Alert Level 3 from January 9 to 15:

Provinces

Bataan
Batangas
Cagayan
Pampanga 
Zambales
Cities

Angeles City
Baguio City
Dagupan City
Iloilo City
Lapu-Lapu City
Lucena City
Naga City
Olongapo City
Santiago City
Businesses are allowed to operate at 30% indoor capacity and 50% outdoor capacity in areas under Alert Level 3. Buses, jeepneys and other forms of public transportation operate at 70% capacity.

Nograles, also the spokesman of the government's pandemic task force, said Lapu-Lapu City immediately needs beds dedicated to COVID-19 patients. The alert levels in other areas will be retained.

Nograles said the healthcare utilization rate metric for determining alert level classifications would be refined to better reflect available healthcare workers. The government pandemic task force's data analytics group, Nograles said, would come up with new metrics that consider healthcare workers as an indicator.

Other areas that are now under Alert Level 3 are Metro Manila, Bulacan, Cavite, Rizal, and Laguna.

Limited movements for unvaccinated people
President Rodrigo Duterte cited the need to strictly enforce minimum health standards and to limit the movements of unvaccinated persons.

"So in the absence of a law, the president is called upon to act and because it is a national emergency, it is my position that we can restrain...I'm now giving orders to the barangay captains to look for those persons who are not vaccinated and just would request them or order them, if you may, to stay put," Duterte said in a pre-recorded message.  

"And if he refuses, he goes out of the house and goes around in the community or maybe wherever he goes, he can be restrained. And if he refuses, then the barangay captain being a person in authority is empowered now to arrest the recalcitrant persons - that is in addition to the police power, the agents of a person in authority," he added.

Duterte said those who oppose his directive are free to file cases.

"I'd be happy to answer," Duterte said.

"Being the president, ultimately I am responsible for the safety and well-being of every Filipino and that is why my orders are to restrain them. They won't be arrested immediately. We will appeal to them, sir you are not vaccinated, then you put everybody in jeopardy. You go out, you get contaminated, you bring the contamination to your family, to your house," he added.

Duterte last year threatened to arrest unvaccinated people and to make vaccination mandatory but there have been no moves in Congress for a law to do that. The Palace said in late 2021 that there seemed to be no need to do so because more people were willing to be vaccinated than earlier in the year.

More than 50 million Filipinos were vaccinated against COVID-19 last year, or about 45.85% of the population. 

https://www.philstar.com/headlines/2022/01/07/2152375/alert-level-3-5-provinces-9-cities-january-9

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Hot off the press, nationwide lockdown of the unvaxed.  President Rodrigo R. Duterte's order for village chiefs to restrict the movements of unvaccinated individuals shall be enforced nationwide as the country grapples with a sudden spike in coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) infections, Malacañang said Friday.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1164848

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Gas said:

Different from what I see in a news story just before as now the Police are enforcing Duterte's orders and with check points. 

• Hmm thinking 1

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not sure of why told no stock as there's plenty of it from what I read every day.

She had an appointment and when she showed up that’s what she was told. Made a second appointment, went back and the clinic was closed…..no staff. Of course they didn’t inform anyone of the closing nor did they inform anyone of an alternate location. She’s now waiting for a new location to open and also trying inline to find somewhere else to go, but with the new lockdown in place it’ll be that much harder. 

Edited by Gator

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

After 2 years of quarantines, curfews and so on most populations would be close to revolt. Filipinos must be extraordinarily docile.

• Hmm thinking 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Here in Los Banos you cant enter places like Robinsons mall or Waltermart

Without a QR code and for myself and the wife being seniors we had to show we have been vaccinated, in Robinsons for example we had to show our QR code at the main entrance and again at the Handyman store and even at their supermarket , curfew again from 10pm.

The thing is though from our home to Robinsons there are many people in the roads talking without face masks ! 

• Sad 1