Jump to content

Martial Law Coming for the Un-Vaxxed?


Recommended Posts

Anyone bellyaching about martial law just wait until this Omicron Virus gets a foot hold in the PI's, it may not be as deadly as Delta but it is still weeding out the people with health complications and the young that don't know they have health problems. It is more contagious than any other variant, ( Double Dutch here, ) but not as deadly to the vaccinated. The reason why Martial law is talked about, it's to give their hospital system a chance to keep up to the expected cases, which will happen. Australia has been lucky and we have a top health system, but it is under strain with this new variant, we're copping a pisling with it now . Stop and have a think what problems lay ahead in the next few weeks for the PI's and I hope you's all come through it okay. Good luck. :cheersty:

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
1 hour ago, Clermont said:

Anyone bellyaching about martial law just wait until this Omicron Virus gets a foot hold in the PI's, it may not be as deadly as Delta but it is still weeding out the people with health complications and the young that don't know they have health problems. It is more contagious than any other variant, ( Double Dutch here, ) but not as deadly to the vaccinated. The reason why Martial law is talked about, it's to give their hospital system a chance to keep up to the expected cases, which will happen. Australia has been lucky and we have a top health system, but it is under strain with this new variant, we're copping a pisling with it now . Stop and have a think what problems lay ahead in the next few weeks for the PI's and I hope you's all come through it okay. Good luck. :cheersty:

Omicron is highly active in the US now it's real and should be taken seriously. When it spreads through Philippines we would hope the effects will be mild.

My son was exposed at work Wed. About a dozen coworkers he was in close contact with tested positive for Omicron. None of us have symptoms. He will be tested tonight or Sunday and again late next week.

I know the vaccine is a controversial subject but we are glad to have it.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Omicron is highly active in the US now it's real and should be taken seriously. When it spreads through Philippines we would hope the effects will be mild.

My son was exposed at work Wed. About a dozen coworkers he was in close contact with tested positive for Omicron. None of us have symptoms. He will be tested tonight or Sunday and again late next week.

I know the vaccine is a controversial subject but we are glad to have it.

My sister in law an RN in Seattle is now in quarantine for Omicron. She said several of her coworker nurses tested positive last night. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
8 minutes ago, Old55 said:

My sister in law an RN in Seattle is now in quarantine for Omicron.

Wishing her all the best.  I am sure she knows that being vaccinated plus getting Omicron will give her extensive protection from all forms of Covid that we know of.  At least that is what current research is showing.  The prediction is that this Omicron will be the final wave.  We can hope.  (Readers should google "will Omicron be the final wave" to form their own conclusions.)

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Omicron is highly active

I am starting to get this sinking feeling that no matter where you are, how careful you are, what precautions you take, that is is only a matter of time before everyone is going to get this bug....or the next one.....or the next

 

sinking feeling.jpg

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The daughter has just tested positive to Covid, she's got a headache, a very bad sore throat and body aches (double vaccinated).  She's isolating at her mothers place (who isn't there).

 

If you have't had it yet it's no longer a matter of if you'll get it... it's when you'll get it.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Brits being told to get used to the idea too (while saving the govt/taxpayers billions) :

End of free lateral flow tests as country told to live with Covid

New plan could save billions as ministers expect six more years of virus

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/end-of-free-lateral-flow-tests-as-country-told-to-live-with-covid-3bpz8lnqf?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR3a5C5ZNnPLPCZM8DRHnrzFqQ9W-HdQvjExEOmzqzGzGGH4OYXBMASuAkc#Echobox=1641665609

  • Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Clermont said:

Anyone bellyaching about martial law just wait until this Omicron Virus gets a foot hold in the PI's, it may not be as deadly as Delta but it is still weeding out the people with health complications and the young that don't know they have health problems. It is more contagious than any other variant, ( Double Dutch here, ) but not as deadly to the vaccinated. The reason why Martial law is talked about, it's to give their hospital system a chance to keep up to the expected cases, which will happen.

Basically martial law is here.  We were down at the boardwalk area of SBFZ letting the kids play in the sand.  An LED officer on a MC stopped and came over to the area.  First asked two guys for vac cards, then came to us and first thing out of his mouth was do we have PCR tests for the kids?  My wife was ticked and answered loudly "We live here!".  So he then asked to see our vaccination cards.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Basically martial law is here.

What you're describing doesn't meet the definition of 'martial law' although it would be annoying.

I quote from the US DOJ web site...

Martial law involves the temporary substitution of military authority for civilian rule and is usually invoked in time of war, rebellion, or natural disaster.

Mindanao was under martial law for an extended period of time during and after the Battle of Marawi, we went through military checkpoints and had military vehicles of all types flying and driving past and over on a regular basis.

That's NOT what's happening in the rest of the Philippines.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

That's NOT what's happening in the rest of the Philippines.

 YET!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...