Martial Law Coming for the Un-Vaxxed?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

What you're describing doesn't meet the definition of 'martial law' although it would be annoying.

I quote from the US DOJ web site...

Martial law involves the temporary substitution of military authority for civilian rule and is usually invoked in time of war, rebellion, or natural disaster.

Mindanao was under martial law for an extended period of time during and after the Battle of Marawi, we went through military checkpoints and had military vehicles of all types flying and driving past and over on a regular basis.

That's NOT what's happening in the rest of the Philippines.

OK, I was just rolling with the topic and I think most knew my intent.  I will change the words then to "police state".  If police are checking everyone's ids while they are just outside enjoying fresh air, you have lost a lot of freedom.

• Like 3

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Not martial law???  .... if it walks like a duck, and quacks like duck... it's a duck.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

*edit*

never mind

Edited by GeoffH

Clermont
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

never mind

You are right Geoff, no where near martial law, just a health directive to try and save the people from getting infected. No worse, no better than our own home countries, just exaggerated. Some of us have seen martial law in it's worst in the PI's, it will never get like that again. :morning1:

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Clermont said:

Some of us have seen martial law in it's worst in the PI's, it will never get like that again.

I'm not sure which period of martial law you are referring to, but the son of the martial law king is the leading candidate to be the next president.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
23 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I'm not sure which period of martial law you are referring to, but the son of the martial law king is the leading candidate to be the next president.

And the daughter of the thug in power now is likely to be Vice President. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

OK, I was just rolling with the topic and I think most knew my intent.  I will change the words then to "police state".  If police are checking everyone's ids while they are just outside enjoying fresh air, you have lost a lot of freedom.

The idiots are in charge.  This morning it takes 2 hours to get from Barrio Baretto into SBFZ because they are checking vax cards at the Kalaklan gate, a one lane gate.  The other gates are checking too.  The Kalaklan gate is on the main north/south route to all of Zambales.

What for?  Vaccinated people are getting Omicron like crazy and carrying it all over.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

The idiots are in charge.  This morning it takes 2 hours to get from Barrio Baretto into SBFZ because they are checking vax cards at the Kalaklan gate, a one lane gate.  The other gates are checking too.  The Kalaklan gate is on the main north/south route to all of Zambales.

What for?  Vaccinated people are getting Omicron like crazy and carrying it all over.

Vaccinated people are less likely to be ill with Omicron than unvaccinated though, so it makes sense to restrict the movement of unvaccinated people who are more likely to fill up the hospitals.  That's not a strategy unique to the Philippines - it's happening elsewhere.

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Vaccinated people are less likely to be ill with Omicron than unvaccinated though, so it makes sense to restrict the movement of unvaccinated people who are more likely to fill up the hospitals.  That's not a strategy unique to the Philippines - it's happening elsewhere.

Really?  Playing devils advocate and applying logic, I would argue that vaccinated would be more careless, think they can't be carriers, and spread it around more.  Perhaps a vaccinated carrier has no symptoms or mild cold symptoms.  Going out and about is no big deal.  Show your contaminated vax card and pass the Covid on.

Is that such a wild idea?

271669358_7104561816228420_1864786184774978392_n.jpg

• Like 3

Gas
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Isn’t SBFZ semi private? I thought they had there own rules and regulations? 
Completely different scenario in my hood just now. Kids running around playing as per usual. Game of basketball with a crowd of around 50 watching. Birthday party outdoors next to the basketball court with around 30 people drinking and being merry. Not a face mask in site. 

I would rather they were stricter but nothing I can do about it and I certainly ain’t gonna complain. 

• Like 4