Martial Law Coming for the Un-Vaxxed?

hk blues
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Really?  Playing devils advocate and applying logic, I would argue that vaccinated would be more careless, think they can't be carriers, and spread it around more.  Perhaps a vaccinated carrier has no symptoms or mild cold symptoms.  Going out and about is no big deal.  Show your contaminated vax card and pass the Covid on.

Is that such a wild idea?

271669358_7104561816228420_1864786184774978392_n.jpg

I don't subscribe to your notion that unvaxed folk are more careful though.  I would argue that fact they have refused the vax suggests they are anything but careful. 

• Like 5
  • Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gas said:

Isn’t SBFZ semi private? I thought they had there own rules and regulations? 
Completely different scenario in my hood just now. Kids running around playing as per usual. Game of basketball with a crowd of around 50 watching. Birthday party outdoors next to the basketball court with around 30 people drinking and being merry. Not a face mask in site. 

I would rather they were stricter but nothing I can do about it and I certainly ain’t gonna complain. 

After some months into the Covid crisis, for Covid management purposes, SBFZ became like an LGU.  They follow IATF guidelines.

For previous Covid restrictions, they were all bark and no bite.  Seems that this time with the vax cards, they are biting.  Even residents have to show their vax cards to enter the freeport.

Everyone likes to say "whatever works to motivate people to get vaccinated".  However, you have to plan the motivation carefully or this is what happens....

These new interzonal travel rules became effective here on Sunday the 9th.  This meant that Olongapo City and Subic Bay Freeport Zone residents have to show a Vax card to move between the two areas.  Thousands of Olongapo residents work in the freeport.  This morning, this is the scene at one of the Olongapo vaccine sites where 1500 first dose of Sinovac were available today.  I hope you can see this FB post.  I have no other way of sharing it.

https://www.facebook.com/BatangGapoNewscenter/videos/990662678190296

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I don't subscribe to your notion that unvaxed folk are more careful though.  I would argue that fact they have refused the vax suggests they are anything but careful. 

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but I didn't quite say unvaxed are more careful.  Do you think that all unvaxed eschew all the health and safety guidelines?  Like never washing hands or using sanitizer?  Or licking every doorknob?  What I was trying to say (and I will use myself as an example) is that vaccinated people, over the past months, have probably developed some thoughts that they are immune now, and they might let their guard down.  The hospitalization numbers kind of point that out.

There are a few different reasons for not being vaxed, and they will differ by country.  Philippines unvaxed, for the most part, are not the same as the unvaxed crowds in Western countries.  E.g., those wearing "My Body, My Choice" t-shirts.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

E.g., those wearing "My Body, My Choice" t-shirts.

:popcorn: Sorry But......................

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Really?  Playing devils advocate and applying logic, I would argue that vaccinated would be more careless, think they can't be carriers, and spread it around more.  Perhaps a vaccinated carrier has no symptoms or mild cold symptoms.  Going out and about is no big deal.  Show your contaminated vax card and pass the Covid on.

Is that such a wild idea?

271669358_7104561816228420_1864786184774978392_n.jpg

Sitting on the shoulder of the Devils advocate all I can say is my anti vax mates they are adamant they won't get vaccinated and refuse to wear a face mask ( in the UK you can get away with it on medical grounds and no one is allowed to challenge you. )  They also don't care about social distancing and keep breaking the rules and going to demonstrations etc.

One who did shock me is a friend who is a Paramedic, he was telling me today that he's dealing with Omicron cases daily and doesn't wear a mask or even disinfect his hands anymore.  He was antivax but had to get them for his job or he wouldn't have git them.

Another who only posts antivax on his Facebook and swears by his immune system is now on his second dose of covid and this time it's knocked him for six, he's still adamant no restrictions will hold him back.  

I'm afraid these are the type of people we are up against when it comes to restrictions.

• Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

:popcorn: Sorry But......................

Some of the anti-vax folks have taken over the old feminist abortion rights slogan.

redirect01072021080143.jpg

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Some of the anti-vax folks have taken over the old feminist abortion rights slogan.

redirect01072021080143.jpg

Your point being? or you just posting to put you post count upwhat can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg basically OMW what you say is just Slur because it don't fit your Agenda and I believe you do have an Agenda

• Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
42 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Yes, I understand what you are saying, but I didn't quite say unvaxed are more careful.  Do you think that all unvaxed eschew all the health and safety guidelines?  Like never washing hands or using sanitizer?  Or licking every doorknob?  What I was trying to say (and I will use myself as an example) is that vaccinated people, over the past months, have probably developed some thoughts that they are immune now, and they might let their guard down.  The hospitalization numbers kind of point that out.

There are a few different reasons for not being vaxed, and they will differ by country.  Philippines unvaxed, for the most part, are not the same as the unvaxed crowds in Western countries.  E.g., those wearing "My Body, My Choice" t-shirts.

I'll admit to being bored with the whole vaxed/unvaxed debate.  I simply do not agree that the fact we are still battling Covid-19 2 years on is because of vaxed people. 

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Your point being? or you just posting to put you post count upwhat can I sayWho knows (dave (1).jpg basically OMW what you say is just Slur because it don't fit your Agenda and I believe you do have an Agenda

Jack, I have no idea what you are talking about.  Tell me what my agenda is? 

You quoted me as saying:

Then you said:

:popcorn: Sorry But......................

I thought you really did not know what the slogan was and I simply explained.  I have no idea what you are talking about with all your cute pictures.  Who is that guy?  John Candy?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, OnMyWay said:

Jack, I have no idea what you are talking about.  Tell me what my agenda is? 

You quoted me as saying:

Then you said:

:popcorn: Sorry But......................

I thought you really did not know what the slogan was and I simply explained.  I have no idea what you are talking about with all your cute pictures.  Who is that guy?  John Candy?

OMW I am not stupid at all BUT just at this time, You are not making sense BUT again, you are doing the Grateful ed thing, you want to leave the PI  just Go and leave the rest of to be happy here, I don't care, what any of you think Of me  but at this time Your Agenda is not Understood? or is it?

• Like 1
  • I'm Confused 1