Day 5 Quarantine PCR Testing

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

This is a bit last minute I know as starting the exodus from Gulag Australia on Friday, but does anyone have any information on the day 5 PCR testing whilst in quarantine in PI?  Is it pre-booked before departure?  Can I book it on arrival?  Does the motel look after it?

I've started the One Health Pass process and which can be completed 24 hours prior to departure but is this the trigger for the day 5 test?

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

This is a bit last minute I know as starting the exodus from Gulag Australia on Friday, but does anyone have any information on the day 5 PCR testing whilst in quarantine in PI?  Is it pre-booked before departure?  Can I book it on arrival?  Does the motel look after it?

I've started the One Health Pass process and which can be completed 24 hours prior to departure but is this the trigger for the day 5 test?

Not sure but this may help -

https://www.philippineairlines.com/en/ph/home/covid-19/ArrivingInThePH/FAQs

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Even though the information is a little bit outdated with regards to vaccinated travellers, I think this is the only one I have to worry about:

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=CwHXSIWn90GG3l93kpp6nm4esAJ-fclAnuuFwHYvxXZUN1I4QklBWFNKMEdDRzc4UUtZOEhIUTFGNSQlQCN0PWcu&fbclid=IwAR3XzoV9_D1FbveGJqqIwTs-cFIXGdKSm_1PIV9le3rb-nu_R6ovIyEZJZ4

I'm sure the efficient PAL check-in staff in Sydney will inform me if I have it wrong...

I haven't even left yet and the entire process is leaving me a little jaded but on the upside, I'll be in Manila Saturday afternoon.  Friday is Gold Coast to Sydney, Saturday Sydney to Manila. 

For those that are interested PAL are flying out of Sydney only for now.  Flights are once a day on Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday.  Singapore Airlines have cancelled all flights from Singapore to PI until early Feb; that was my backup plan:  Brisbane -> Singapore -> Manila.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Boinky69
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I am thinking the whole testing process is arranged by the Bureau of Quarantine. The OHP process would trigger the events....

My partner (Filipino) has just gone through this process but as an OFW most of the process was handled by OWWA…in her case they transport from the airport direct to the hotel for quarantine. The hotel was not pre-booked (they allocate). On day 5 the guys performing the testing attended the hotel and lined all up for testing. Within 24 hours the result is back in and the One Health Pass is then updated showing a negative result or positive result to Covid. In her case they then flew here back to her hometown around day 7 with the remaining time to be done as home quarantine (which I think is not so heavily policed). All transfers to the hotel, hotel costs, food (which was crap and we paid extra for decent food and fruits) and the final domestic flight leg was paid for by OWWA. No testing fees either.

If the day 5 test comes back positive (some did test positive in her group / flight staying within the same hotel even having passed a test pre-flight to Manila) prepare for an additional 7 days in quarantine ....:571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Seems  like the day 5 test is arranged and paid for at the airport in Manila.

“Day one” begins the day you arrive in the Phils regardless of the time. 

WHAT TO DO UPON ARRIVAL

1. Listen to the briefing to be conducted by the Philippine Coast Guard and the airline.
  2. Upon deplaning, undergo a temperature check and submit the Health Declaration Form.
  3. Verify your quarantine hotel booking with a hotel coordinator and validate your Affidavit of Undertaking.
  4. Arrange a hotel transfer if you haven’t yet. There are shuttles or vans available. A separate desk is assigned for coupon and meter taxis. You will be given a color-coded sticker to indicate your choice of transportation to your quarantine hotel.
     Red – Pre-arranged hotel transfers
     Blue – Shuttles/vans
     Yellow – Metered Taxis
     Green – Coupon Taxis
  5. Proceed to the verification booth where staff will confirm your eCIF data. 
  6. Pay for your RT-PCR test. The test costs P4,000 and you may pay with cash, card, or through the following online payments: AliPay, WeChat Pay, PayPal, and GCash.
  7. After paying, you will receive a sticker indicating that you have a confirmed booking and you have already paid for your test. Affix the sticker on the back of your passport.
  8. Clear the Immigration check and submit the Arrival Card.
  9. Claim your bags at the designated carousel.
  10. Submit your Affidavit of Undertaking and Bureau of Customs Form.
  11. Proceed to your arranged transportation to your hotel.

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/manila-airport-naia-philippines-requirements-foreigners/amp/

I presume you also got your pre-departure test done already? 

Edited by Gator
  • Thanks 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Gator said:

Seems  like the day 5 test is arranged and paid for at the airport in Manila.

“Day one” begins the day you arrive in the Phils regardless of the time. 

WHAT TO DO UPON ARRIVAL

1. Listen to the briefing to be conducted by the Philippine Coast Guard and the airline.
  2. Upon deplaning, undergo a temperature check and submit the Health Declaration Form.
  3. Verify your quarantine hotel booking with a hotel coordinator and validate your Affidavit of Undertaking.
  4. Arrange a hotel transfer if you haven’t yet. There are shuttles or vans available. A separate desk is assigned for coupon and meter taxis. You will be given a color-coded sticker to indicate your choice of transportation to your quarantine hotel.
     Red – Pre-arranged hotel transfers
     Blue – Shuttles/vans
     Yellow – Metered Taxis
     Green – Coupon Taxis
  5. Proceed to the verification booth where staff will confirm your eCIF data. 
  6. Pay for your RT-PCR test. The test costs P4,000 and you may pay with cash, card, or through the following online payments: AliPay, WeChat Pay, PayPal, and GCash.
  7. After paying, you will receive a sticker indicating that you have a confirmed booking and you have already paid for your test. Affix the sticker on the back of your passport.
  8. Clear the Immigration check and submit the Arrival Card.
  9. Claim your bags at the designated carousel.
  10. Submit your Affidavit of Undertaking and Bureau of Customs Form.
  11. Proceed to your arranged transportation to your hotel.

https://www.thepoortraveler.net/manila-airport-naia-philippines-requirements-foreigners/amp/

I presume you also got your pre-departure test done already? 

All great information mate, thanks for that!

And no, it's currently 01:30AM and I'm up now to go and wait in the queue to do the pre-departure PCR.  There's been massive queues here for PCR tests in general.  I was told as an international traveller I'd be given priority in the queue and for results but not taking any chances.  

• Like 4

Heeb
Posted
Posted

Back in May it was arranged at the airport in Manila, there's a cattle call when you arrive, they look at documents and make sure you have a hotel booked as well.

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, BrettGC said:

This is a bit last minute

You will probably need another test before heading to Dumaguete.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1165190

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You will probably need another test before heading to Dumaguete.

https://www.pna.gov.ph/articles/1165190

Yeah, I'll be winging it and nodding and smiling.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Wishing you the very best luck Brett that everything works out reasonably well for you. You've waited a long time for this.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1