Quick 13A annual report question

19 hours ago, jimeve said:

what's supposed to happen when your spouse is dead? I heard an expat said his spouse was already dead.and he lives with his 2 kids.

If the gentleman is on this forum, I'm so sorry my condolence to you. 

I suppose that's why it's better to have a much younger wife, shorten the odds in our favour!

Joking apart, and I was joking, it does highlight a potential  flaw in the 13A programme.  I say potential because perhaps there is a process in place for such eventuality but we've not had to find out about it.

19 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

You can apply for a compassionate continuance of you 13a Jim but it would be only granted while the kids are still in full time Education after that I am not sure what would Happen. Of course should you remarry then you would need to do the whole 13a thing again with a new petitioner. Such is my Understanding

You can apply for a compassionate 13a VISA if your wife passes away and you have no children.  I believe it's also the only time that the house and land can pass to a foreigner as well.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Balisidar said:

You can apply for a compassionate 13a VISA if your wife passes away and you have no children.  I believe it's also the only time that the house and land can pass to a foreigner as well.

I assume that would also apply if there were children but they had already grown up? I guess the answer is obviously yes!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Balisidar said:

I am not so sure about that. We have a lot that we will be building on at some point in the future. The adjacent house and lot was owned by a Filipino and his Australian wife. The husband died and his wife had a period of time, a year if I recall correctly, to sell the property. He was also a judge so I would have thought he would have been able to sort something out in her favor, if anyone could have. I believe she returned to Australia after it was sold.

It would have been different of course if it was a condo unit.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, this took me back. I thought I remember reading if the Fil spouse dies, the husband can stay.

My wife is ill and I was not prepared for even more bad news. I can't easily just go back to my country after living here for 32 years.

I wonder if I could do the entire srrv process from here. If they want police reports or something from the USA as part of the application process, I don't even know how I could arrange that. I am really out of touch with anything in the USA. I don't even have mailing address or anything.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gerrysanders said:

I wonder if I could do the entire srrv process from here. If they want police reports or something from the USA as part of the application process, I don't even know how I could arrange that. 

I looked (as far as I could) into obtaining an SRRV whilst in the Philippines and the information I got from several sources said clearly that if the applicant had been in the Philippines for more than 6 months then a local NBI clearance was required not a police check from the applicants home country.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I looked (as far as I could) into obtaining an SRRV whilst in the Philippines and the information I got from several sources said clearly that if the applicant had been in the Philippines for more than 6 months then a local NBI clearance was required not a police check from the applicants home country.

It's actually 5yrs from being in your home country without requiring police clearance, you get a letter from your Barangay explaining you have resided there over 5 yrs, get a full medical and proof of income. The income should be the only document you'll need authenticated. I'm pretty much 90% into mine already,just awaiting an extension to my tourist visa then sit back. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

It's actually 5yrs from being in your home country without requiring police clearance, you get a letter from your Barangay explaining you have resided there over 5 yrs, get a full medical and proof of income. The income should be the only document you'll need authenticated. I'm pretty much 90% into mine already,just awaiting an extension to my tourist visa then sit back. 

It's a while since I asked... I probably forgot lots of stuff... my bad.

1 hour ago, Snowy79 said:

Keep going... when its done I beleive its well worth it. although they've diluted its usefulness by requiring annual fees for new card instead of once every 3 years. But still easier than the ACR card route.....at the moment.....

• Like 2