SRRV Visa

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 1/19/2022 at 3:42 AM, Clermont said:

I would appreciate it if you could ask as I don't use Facebook. We wont be traveling until about the end of February, tidying up loose ends. Thanks.

BI answer

Hi. If travelling together with spouse/children of former Filipino or Filipino, no need to secure entry visa as long as non-restricted foreign nationals. Please be informed that Filipinos/former Filipinos who wish to avail of the balikbayan privilege should present their old Philippine passports or a copy of their authenticated PSA birth certificate to the immigration officer upon arrival, while their spouses and children shall present their marriage certificates and birth certificates, respectively. He likewise recommends they queue together for easier verification and processing. Thanks

https://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/visa-inquiry/balikbayan-privilege

https://immigration.gov.ph/images/Advisory/2022/01_Jan/2022Jan17_adv01.jpg

a-bi-1 answer.PNG       a-bi-answer2.PNG

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Thanks Tom, now the site is starting to get reliable information on a few different type of visa's people use getting through the boarder, I'm not so muddled with procedures and can turn a deaf ear to all these experts. I expect the quarantine procedures will stay in place for awhile yet, ( there a money spinner, )  but aren't much of a worry according to Brett if you follow procedures. :cheersty: that's one I owe you.

• Like 3

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Yes, Brett did a great job in laying out the procedures to be followed. BZ to Brett.

• Like 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Yes, Brett did a great job in laying out the procedures to be followed. BZ to Brett.

The people I know who went through it said the PRA are very helpful.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Clermont said:

I expect the quarantine procedures will stay in place for awhile yet,

Maybe not since the Presidential adviser made this statement today. I wont post the whole story as this topic is more about the SRRV but thought I would mention it.

Philippines' travel protocols should be like Thailand's, says presidential adviser

https://www.philstar.com/business/biz-memos/2022/01/21/2155406/philippines-travel-protocols-should-be-thailands-says-presidential-adviser

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

"The entry requirements are so extensive and complicated that they put the country out of the reach of international visitors, and even our returning kababayans,"

No sh#t....

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Presidential adviser made this statement today.

Joey conception is the Presidential "economic" advisor. If we look at his past statements he has  consistently  been for relaxing or lowering barriers that interfere with business.

Unfortunately he has absolutely zero legislative or executive authority. But more power to him :thumbsup:

• Like 3

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Well, I hope they get their act together before March.

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Am I correct in saying that I have to be actually in the Philippines to start the process with the PRA?

RBM
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, sonjack2847 said:

Its  hit an miss Kevi, I have written many times to different departments of PRA regarding the annual renewal, only received auto computer generated replies. Finally Eddie, (On the forum) was able sort me out.

• Like 1