SRRV Visa

RBM
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Am I correct in saying that I have to be actually in the Philippines to start the process with the PRA?

No it can be started from abroad how ever to say its complicated would be an understatement. Far easier from within Philippines.

Edited by RBM
spelling
  • Like 1

Talako
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

No it can be started from abroad how ever to say its complicated would be an understatement. Far easier from within Philippines.

I followed with wonder as a guy on another expat board went through the process here in the states.  It was an ungodly stupid time-consuming process.

• Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Talako said:

I followed with wonder as a guy on another expat board went through the process here in the states.  It was an ungodly stupid time-consuming process.

Yes, I read the same, it took him something like 3 months. I have been put off by the 1760u.s. Dollar application fee.

Another member on this site did the maths and it doesn’t really compute in my eyes.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Yes, I read the same, it took him something like 3 months. I have been put off by the 1760u.s. Dollar application fee.

Another member on this site did the maths and it doesn’t really compute in my eyes.

Financially agree, piece of mind....well can one put a price on that. There is talk (no idea if reality or not) once...if...Philippines opens up max tourist extension will be up to 2 years only, plus more difficulty to immediately re enter.

My friend recently cashed in his PRA as became a married man. Was easy and painless to have his deposit refunded....Some comfort I guess.

• Thanks 1