Message for U.S. Citizens:  Voting in the 2022 U.S. Elections

fototek1
Posted
Posted

How many dead or non US citizen people voted in the last election? How many people voted in multiple states? I am a true American independent, but I am not happy how easy it is for people to register and vote in the US when they should not be eligible. 

I do want to be able to cast my vote if I am abroad so thank you for posting.

• Love it 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Gas said:

Slightly of topic.

Not sure if they have changed the rules but British citizens living abroad for more than 15 years lose their right to vote. 

It changed sometime last year.

Long-term expats 'to get vote in UK elections' - BBC News

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, fototek1 said:

How many dead or non US citizen people voted in the last election? How many people voted in multiple states? I am a true American independent, but I am not happy how easy it is for people to register and vote in the US when they should not be eligible. 

I do want to be able to cast my vote if I am abroad so thank you for posting.

For me, the upside (enabling as many people to vote as possible) more than negates the negative (fraudulent votes).  It could be argued in fact that preventing people from voting simply because they cannot vote in person is much more fraudulent morally speaking.  

• Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 1/20/2022 at 6:45 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Registering to vote and submitting a ballot is fast, easy, and can be done from anywhere in the world! 

There is nothing new here and it is not about registering to vote.  Voter registration is done at the state level and county level, so you have to deal with them to get registered.  Here is the first step in the Embassy instructions:

Start by confirming your voter registration with your state. Some states require absentee voters to register annually so you may need to re-register. Go to FVAP.gov to connect to your state’s voter portal to register to vote, request a ballot, and more.

The main reason for the Embassy announcement (they do this before all Federal elections) is to remind people that they can drop their physical ballots at the U.S. Embassy, if needed, and they will be transported via diplomatic pouch.  Not very many people can conveniently get to the U.S. Embassy.  They don't even really recommend it....

For faster processing, you may want to consider using a courier service or other global shipping provider. 

There is another option for some of you, but you need to double check before going.  The RAO offices in Olongapo and Angeles function as U.S. Post Offices for U.S. vets.  I'm fairly certain they will accept ballots from any U.S. citizen, but call first.  You will just have to pay the postage and then they take the mail to the Embassy, where it is put in the dip pouches.

Luckily, Broward County Florida, where I am registered, allows me to e-mail the ballot.  Due to the pandemic, probably a lot of states allow this now, so check.

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

There is nothing new here and it is not about registering to vote. 

I didn't say that :smile:

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I didn't say that :smile:

Yes, I know, just an announcement, but others seemed to think there was some kind of big change.

The BIG change just got voted down in the Senate a few days ago!  :smile:

• Love it 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
On 1/20/2022 at 3:21 PM, Old55 said:

Dear friends; Please don't let me vote Democrat after I die. Thank you. 

Okay then........ I'm sitting in the time out corner Tom. :2245_safe:

Hey, in 2020 the dead finally had someone they could really identify with so they really came out to vote in large numbers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3