A reminder for UK Expats whose wife gets a pension based on your NI contributions

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

Just thought i would remind all UK expats whose wife is getting a UK Pension
based on your NI contributions , you need to make sure that she is getting 60% of your own pension.
Many woman have not been getting the right amount !
As was the case with my wife .
What you need to do if your not sure if your wife is not getting the right amount.
First email the Int Pension Service in the UK.
Wait a couple of days and then phone them ! Like my wife she was told that she was not entitled to any rebate ! Then ask to speak to a supervisor ! You may be told the same !
But thats the reason you must email them first ! As your wife is now in the system so to speak !
And now 3 people have been informed !
Within 4 days my wife got her upaid pension going back 5yrs !
And it was a large amount , And her pension was increased .

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

Within 4 days my wife got her upaid pension going back 5yrs !
And it was a large amount , And her pension was increased .

wife has to be pension age? 66 at present, my wife has to wait till she is 67 I think, could be 68 time will tell

graham59
Posted
Posted

I don't think every British expat's wife...here in the Phils, is entitled to anything from the UK government.  

Some clarification needed ?  :89:

• Like 1

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

My Filipino wife when she reached the age of 65yrs was entitled to a UK pension based on my NI contributions, as are all Filipino woman legally married to an Englishman when the woman reaches retirement age. Though the rules have now changed they will get their own pensions .

As my posting states it was intended for those woman ALREADY  GETTING  a pension based on their husbands NI NOT ALL FILIPINO WIVES

• Like 3

Gas
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, expatuk2014 said:

My Filipino wife when she reached the age of 65yrs was entitled to a UK pension based on my NI contributions, as are all Filipino woman legally married to an Englishman when the woman reaches retirement age. 

Are Welshman, Irishmen and Scotsman not included 😁

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, expatuk2014 said:

As my posting states it was intended for those woman ALREADY  GETTING  a pension based on their husbands NI NOT ALL FILIPINO WIVES

Has your wife been to the UK ?

I have been married twice to Filipinas...one of whom I took to England, and is now a British citizen... so yes, I can understand her receiving something...had we still been married.

My second and current wife has never been to the UK, and so although I am being paid a UK State Pension while resident in the Phils, I don't believe that she will ever receive a penny from the UK government, and indeed, why should she ?

Yes, I know the rules have changed... and probably a good thing too, IMO. 

Edited by graham59
  • Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gas said:

Why Irishmen? 

jimeve
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Gas said:

It depends if those men have enough NI stamps when they retire. :photo-109:

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted

To add to the debate - 

Isn't it the case the wife has to be less than 10 years younger than the husband to receive anything from the husband's pension? I seem to recall that was a pre-requisite. 

That may explain why graham59's wife/ex-wife isn't entitled to anything.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, graham59 said:

Has your wife been to the UK ?

I was wondering that as well, because for the U.S. Social Security pension, my wife would have to live in the U.S. for 5 years before she is eligible to collect from my account.  That is one of the top reasons we are considering moving to the U.S.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2