Looks like the Philippines is reopening

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

This is great news, although I can't help feeling like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop :shock_40_anim_gif:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Over behind City Mall mate, 1 year lease.  Gives us some breathing space with regards to building or buying. 

The fact that my step-daughter and her bf live just around the corner had nothing to do with it at all... :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

This is great news, although I can't help feeling like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop :shock_40_anim_gif:

Well since the senate is approving things and there were some changes to immigration then who knows what will be next.

27 January 2022
PRESS RELEASE 
BI thanks Senate for assuring passage of new Immigration bill
Officials and employees of the Bureau of Immigration (BI) thanked the Senate for conducting a hearing on a proposed new Philippine Immigration act, and assuring its passage before the present Congress adjourns its final session in June.
“I join the rank and file workers of the BI in expressing our utmost gratitude and appreciation to the Senate Committee on Justice, chaired by Sen. Richard Gordon, for conducting the hearing last Wednesday, on the proposed new Immigration act for the country,” Immigration Commissioner Jaime Morente said in a statement.
Morente stressed that the enactment of a new immigration act is already “very long overdue” as the BI continues to function and operate based on Commonwealth Act No. 613 which was passed 82 years ago.
“We are elated to hear that there is still hope in passing the new law,” said Morente.
During the Committee Hearing, Sen. Gordon said that he will see to it that the Senate version of the Immigration Bill be finished so it may be sponsored during the Senate plenary.
Once approved by the Senate plenary, the bill will then be reconciled with a similar measure that was earlier passed by the House of Representatives at the Bicameral Conference Committee.
Morente said the BI is confident there is still ample time for both the Senate and the House to pass the new Immigration bill, and have it signed into law by President Rodrigo Duterte.
Among the issues that was extensively discussed in Wednesday’s hearing is a proposal to upgrade the salary scales and benefits of BI employees to make them at par with the pay received by workers of other government agencies performing critical and important functions.
Also discussed was the proposal to strengthen the authority of the BI commissioner to discipline erring employees in order to curb corruption in the Bureau. 
The hearing also focused on the various types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas that the BI may issue to foreigners who wish to acquire resident status in the country.
Morente also thanked senators who sponsored versions of the BI Modernization Bill including Sen. Juan Miguel Zubiri, Sen. Imee Marcos, Sen. Christopher “Bong” Go, and Sen. Ronald “Bato” Dela Rosa.
“A new Philippine Immigration Law proposed is a game changer that would enable the Bureau to perform its duties and fulfill its mandate given the evolving immigration landscape,” said Morente. 

https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration/posts/307404301427349

• Hmm thinking 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, manofthecoldland said:

to escape the co-vid induced social stresses of their home  countries,

I think they are comming to the wrong place then.

1 hour ago, manofthecoldland said:

Any speculative thoughts?  I think by now we are all wary of putting on rose colored lenses.  

My thoughts are the whole thing will be short lived. This country below had no cases for 2 years, first plane in resulted in 180 cases so lets see.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/covid-hits-one-of-the-last-uninfected-places-on-the-planet/b8bc3e16-dd19-446d-bf52-ca68dd9a9c1b

graham59
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

The hearing also focused on the various types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas that the BI may issue to foreigners who wish to acquire resident status in the country.

That sparked my interest.  :89:

Touch wood...should hopefully :56da632e94212_1(60): have my 13A 'Permanent' though, before any applecarts are upturned. :huh:

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Well I've started planning to come back, I have a unit lease to deal with which means I can't leave until early April so hopefully this isn't a quick open then slam shut.

• Like 2

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

So, no getting a One Health Pass (or whatever it's called) before entry?

• Hmm thinking 2

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

International arriving passengers need to have their proof of vaccination against COVID-19. They can present either of the following:

• World Health Organization international certificates of vaccination
  • The Philippines’ digital vaccination passport VaxCertPH
  • A vaccine certificate of a foreign government that has accepted VaxCertPH under a reciprocal agreement

I couldn't readily find information on whether the EU vaccination certificate is meeting these conditions (namely #3 I assume)? Anyone has an idea?

Edited by jimdones

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Well I've started planning to come back, I have a unit lease to deal with which means I can't leave until early April so hopefully this isn't a quick open then slam shut.

Don't be negative, of course we will see you in April 2023. :smile:

My personal opinion of what will happen is at sometime a surge of cases again so the first thing to close is the border which is fair enough as where did Omicron and delta come from? Was not from imported meat.

Hopefully it wont come to that but who knows.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, jimdones said:

I couldn't readily find information on whether the EU vaccination certificate is meeting these conditions (namely #3 I assume)? Anyone has an idea?

EU I believe is a member of WHO?

What is an International Certificate of Vaccination or ICV?

A: The International Certificate of Vaccination or ICV is a document that records an individual’s vaccinations required to travel abroad. It is recognized by member countries of the World Health Organization.

• Thanks 1