Looks like the Philippines is reopening

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, KC813 said:

I bet the Ph will eventually say that the US card is acceptable.  It is no less secure than the yellow international card!

Perhaps they will or perhaps they won’t. But I agree, the WHO vax passport is no less secure. As a precaution I bought one on eBay for 5$.  After filing it out, I took it the pharmacy where I got my shots and they put the same stickers in it as the ones that are on my white USA card. It was accepted here when I arrived. 

As a side note I’ve been using the simple white card from the USA to enter malls and stores. No problems at all. I had it laminated and reduced to the size of a credit card. But as a backup I do have a pic of the WHO passport on my phone. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Prepare for a flood of tourists.  I am hearing from lots of them who want to visit.  If my wife has her way, we will be among them.

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

For the Aussies, probably already have the "green" digital vax certificate on your phone, but you'll need the Australian Government International version which is available in the Play store for Android and App store for Apple.  It looks like this and when you scroll down on your phone there's a QR code:  

Aussie International Vax Cert.png

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

I have booked a flight (well 2 of them) on the 5th April.

In the past I've taken the airport bus to Melbourne Airport and then flown to the Philippines from there but there don't seem to be any direct flights from Melbourne any more (no doubt related to Covid).  There were arrival caps in play up until now, related to arrival testing capacity, and Philippine airlines got the lions share of arrivals so I was going to book with them but their web site was NOT playing nicely so...

I am now booked onto an early morning flight on a Qantas Dash 8 turbo prop from Bendigo to Sydney with 4 hour layover at Sydney Airport and then a direct flight on a Qantas A330 to Manila.  Total time 14 hours 55 minutes which isn't really any longer than taking the airport bus to Melbourne and flying from there.

I will add that the 5 April flight from Sydney to Manila with Qantas was already about 50% full which makes me think I'm not the only one booking LOL.

*edit* I am booked into a hotel in Makati now for overnight stay on the night of the 5th.

*edit 2* I now have a booking from Manila to CDO on the 6th. 

*edit 3* I got my International Vaccination Certificate by going to MyGov which sent me to the Medicare Website where I had to enter my passport details, date of birth and name.  My Vax details only had my middle initial but my passport has my middle name so I had to alter that before I submitted (be careful to check they match if anyone is following this).

*edit 4* I have a booking for a pre-departure PCR test with Melbourne Pathology/Sonic Travel Testing, 48 hours doesn't leave much time so fingers crossed. 

*edit 5* I have booked an exit flight; Manila to Singapore with Jetstar (flexible can be cancelled for a voucher which I should be able to use later).

There is a Cagayan De Oro travel arrival web page (which the flight booking directed me too) but that doesn't really have a category to suit me and requires me to put in a local phone number.  I'm going to put that one off until after the regulations change and see if it's easier then.  If not I'll contact them on their Facebook page and see what they say.  At the very worst I'd be in the Philippines even if not in CDO haha.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Makes me wonder how many will be turned away at check-in or arrival for not having a 48 hour negative PCR test or vaccination record. We know there'll be a lot. The self-entitlement is strong with some.  

• Like 3

Youngster
Posted
Posted

Just in time for Valentine’s Day.  There may be a mixed baby boom in October and November.

I have the standard white US CDC card for two jabs I got from Walgreens, and PH filled out the last line on the same card for the booster I just got.  I did grab screenshots of my shot record and QR code from Walgreens website, but I’m wondering if I am also qualified to get VexCertPH.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, BrettGC said:

Makes me wonder how many will be turned away at check-in or arrival for not having a 48 hour negative PCR test or vaccination record. We know there'll be a lot. The self-entitlement is strong with some.  

The 48 hour negative PCR test is bit of a concern to be honest, may I ask where you got yours done?  

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Notice that the 48h are prior to departure from the origin country, not prior to arrival. This is likely since it's not uncommon to spend 40h in transit so as to arrive to the Philippines from Europe..

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

For the Aussies, probably already have the "green" digital vax certificate on your phone, but you'll need the Australian Government International version which is available in the Play store for Android and App store for Apple.  It looks like this and when you scroll down on your phone there's a QR code:  

Aussie International Vax Cert.png

Brett, what did you type into the App Store please mate?

KC813
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Old55 said:

For those who got vaccinated in the US a Smart Card is official digital proof of vaccination. 

SMART CARD is approved at section c in Philippines health record requirement.

Smart Card General information;

https://www.commonhealth.org/smart-health-cards

My Smart Card digital vaccination recored experiance;

When my family got our vaccinations it was recorded into Washington State Department of Health data base. We also received a vaccine card at the time of our first shot. Anyone who got vaccinated in the US has it recorded in a State/Federal data base.

Applying for a SMART CARD;

In about one minute I was able to get a digital Covid-19 vaccination SMART CARD record from Washington State Department of Health. 

Link; 

https://www.doh.wa.gov/Emergencies/COVID19/VaccineInformation/VaccinationVerification

I selected B as we live in Washington State but C would also provide a QR code thingie. 

ThanksOld55 and Gator for some good information!

I did not know about the Smart card.  I see that about 17 states participate, plus a huge number of healthcare providers.  I followed the link and like Gator I came up with the private provider's version that does have the QR code.

Problem is, this is not a government program; mine and Gator's come from a private pharmacy so it does not match the wording in the requirement for a National/state digital certificate of the foreign government

Yet, there is also the catch-all wording of "unless otherwise permitted by the IATF",  so I can still hope there will be some clarification.  Of course, after two years of reading the constantly changing/updating/modifying Ph government Covid policies, I know that expecting clarity is a fool's folly!

• Like 3