Taipei as a hub?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

As mentioned before, the catch is getting from SIN to CEBU.  Crazy prices for Scoot in March.

When I look up Clark to US on the SQ website, the Scoot leg Clark-Sin is included in the quoted price.  Problem is, long layover in Changi.  Late afternoon arrival, depart at 0130 to NRT.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

When I look up Clark to US on the SQ website, the Scoot leg Clark-Sin is included in the quoted price.  Problem is, long layover in Changi.  Late afternoon arrival, depart at 0130 to NRT.

'If you're travelling with Scoot then depending upon your ticket you might be entitled to lounge access ( I was last time with an upgraded Scoot ticket )

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Old55 said:

EVA is selling tickets (as you know) anticipating an expected opening late March. Taiwan has said they expect opening late March. 

We are holding off buying tickets until early April as other airlines should have flights and prices hopefully be more reasonable. 

As far as I know the only sure thing today is Singapore Air or PAL. PAL is a deal breaker for us. 

The idea of flying all the way to Singapore then CEB is daunting but you can fly directly out of Vancouver so it's a viable choice for you.

We just found out the hard way that PAL is not a sure thing. It was the 4th time in the last 4 months that our paid-for flight has been canceled. The other airlines were Air Canada, EVA air and a Korean airline the name of which escapes me at the moment. The latest false start was a direct flight from San Francisco to Cebu on March 20th. Now our only option with PAL is a flight to Manila and thence to Cebu.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, GeoffH said:

'If you're travelling with Scoot then depending upon your ticket you might be entitled to lounge access ( I was last time with an upgraded Scoot ticket )

I looked at your post and then looked at my Google flights.  The price for CRK to LAX went up from 5700 to 6200 (5 tix).  However, I was pleased to see that SQ does have a non-stop to LAX.  The problem is, 22 hour layover in Singapore on the way.  If things were normal and the price were right, we could handle that as my wife's niece lives there, and there is plenty to do for a day trip.

I'm willing to pay a bit more for SQ, within reason.  If some other airlines open up these Asian routes in the coming months, that will put downward pressure on the prices.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

If some other airlines open up these Asian routes in the coming months, that will put downward pressure on the prices.

The consensus is airlines will be operating about the end of March by the talk of our fearless leaders, I wouldn't mind betting by the end of February or first week of March they'll be flying near full time internationally. The airlines carry a lot of political weight, that's world wide and once they can get enough staff to service the planes it's up up and away. :t07216:No planes he'll do.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I have travelled with Eva air many times in the past and if they are as good now as they were 10 years ago then there is nothing to worry about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Just a bit of update on what I wrote this morning, Prime Minister Morison just announced, Australia would open it's boarders from the 21 February to fully vaccinated travelers, no restrictions on vaccinated passenger's. I can see other countries will follow suit.

• Like 3