Winter Olympics

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Whilst I'm not a big fan of Winter sports (or Winter itself) I was surprised to note there doesn't seem to be any channels showing any of the Beijing games.  I would have thought that there would be at least channel showing the events - for Tokyo there was at least one on Cignal, maybe more.  I know we are in a climate where such sports are not possible but you'd imagine there would be at least some interest in a global event.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Whilst I'm not a big fan of Winter sports (or Winter itself) I was surprised to note there doesn't seem to be any channels showing any of the Beijing games. 

A search showed that a company called Dentsu has the broadcast rights for 22 Asian countries including the Philippines and that they are broadcasting it via Pay TV Partners (however I couldn't find a partner for the Philippines, they only one mentioned and it was in Japan).

It's not what you're looking for but the Olympics do have a YouTube channel with a lot of event videos.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Olympics

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, hk blues said:

Whilst I'm not a big fan of Winter sports (or Winter itself) I was surprised to note there doesn't seem to be any channels showing any of the Beijing games.  I would have thought that there would be at least channel showing the events - for Tokyo there was at least one on Cignal, maybe more.  I know we are in a climate where such sports are not possible but you'd imagine there would be at least some interest in a global event.

They will show it after the channel finishes its quarantine, but who knows when that will be as the BOI and IATF rules keep changing. Then of course it’s really up to the LGU’s and what app with to correct QR code you’ll need to watch it too, 🤣 

• Haha 5

Joey G
Posted
Posted

They someone competing as well!!!!!

https://nylonmanila.com/asa-miller-philippines-athlete-2022-winter-olympics/

Asa Miller is set to be the only athlete representing the Philippines in the 2022 Winter Olympics. He is also set to be the flag bearer for the country. Born and raised in Portland, Oregon, Asa is a dual nationality holder, American and Filipino. His father, Kelly, is American while his mom, Polly, is from the Philippines with roots to Santa Cruz, Manila. Asa began skiing at the young age of one-and-a-half years old. With the help of his parents, he honed his skills into becoming the talented skier that he is today.

In November 2021, Asa Miller passed the minimum mark for Olympic qualification of 160 points set by the International Skiing Federation. This, in turn, qualified him for his second Olympics. He is set to compete in two events. The first is the men’s giant slalom event on February 13. The second is the men’s slalom competition on February 16.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1