Question About Outgoing Covid Test (From US)

baronapart
Posted
Posted

My wife is travelling back to the Philippines in March. It looks like she will have a 13 hour layover in LA. The flight is 14 hours to Manila and 4 hours from STL to LAX. It usually takes 24 hours to get the results of the test here. Does anyone know how they calculate the PCR test within 48 hours?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Here at SEA you can get a PCR test for $250.00 results within one hour. Maybe LAX  has something like that hopefully for less money.

• Hmm thinking 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
18 minutes ago, Old55 said:

Here at SEA you can get a PCR test for $250.00 results within one hour. Maybe LAX  has something like that hopefully for less money.

$250 is quite a moneymaker!  How much does it cost to get a PCR at other places outside the airport?

baronapart
Posted
Posted

Found my answer in an earlier thread:

1. Fully vaccinated international arriving passengers shall be required to present a negative Reverse Transcription - Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test taken within forty-eight hours (48hrs) prior to departure from the country of origin. Upon arrival, they shall no longer be required to observe mandatory facility-based quarantine but shall self-monitor for any sign or symptom for (7) days with the first day being the date of arrival and shall be required to report to the local government unit of destination upon the manifestation of symptoms, if any

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

$250 is quite a moneymaker!  How much does it cost to get a PCR at other places outside the airport?

We live not too far from SEA I did a quick search;

Fast results ~1 hour are $300.00, $250.00 or $180.00.

Free results minimum of 48 hours.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, baronapart said:

Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) test taken within forty-eight hours (48hrs) prior to departure

The use of the word " within" might be the key. Take the test 47 hours and 59 minutes before flight. Usually test places can operate on a 24 hour  turnaround. But even if not, if its 36 hours turnaround its still "within" the 48 hour window. No need to waste good money on a 1 hour turnaround.

"Within" to me implies the test can be taken 48 hours before the flight... therefor the 48 hours  doesnt include flight times. HOWEVER.... we know it might not necessarily be counted like that on arrival here. But I think we all know the meaning of the word " within".

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Freebie said:

The use of the word " within" might be the key. Take the test 47 hours and 59 minutes before flight. 

That is true as far as it goes however I have been told that the 'relevant time' is the actual departure time, not the scheduled departure time.  So I will be checking the average delays for my flight before going to get my sample collection.

So maybe 46 or 45 hours before scheduled departure?  Just to be safe.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

That is true as far as it goes however I have been told that the 'relevant time' is the actual departure time, not the scheduled departure time.  So I will be checking the average delays for my flight before going to get my sample collection.

So maybe 46 or 45 hours before scheduled departure?  Just to be safe.

Probably a good idea not to cut it too close, I thought the same before I left. But when I arrived in Manila all the BOQ did was compare the time/date of my itinerary with time/date of the test results. 

• Like 3

baronapart
Posted
Posted

We have 24 hour turnaround on normal tests here. We are good.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I plan on getting my test done at the airport just before we fly. 

• Like 3