Anyone drink Sikwate on a regular basis?

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Anyone drinking Sikwate on a regular basis?  :morning1:

If you don't mind sharing, how do you prepare it?  I've been reading that chocolate has a number of health benefits more so the tablea type we find in Philippines.

My wife makes herself a mug of Sikwate with Mong Fruit sugar most mornings and occasionally I'll have one with her. Mong Fruit sugar is a reasonably healthy sugar substitute.

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Old55 said:

If you don't mind sharing, how do you prepare it?  I've been reading that chocolate has a number of health benefits more so the tablea type we find in Philippines.

My wife makes herself a mug of Sikwate with Mong Fruit sugar most mornings and occasionally I'll have one with her. Mong Fruit sugar is a reasonably healthy sugar substitute.

Do you mean "monk fruit sugar" I use stevia but I would use Monk fruit sugar if It was readily available in the stores.

Sikwater is a native chocolate drink, I don't drink that. Wife grows it in the garden (Jungle) LOL.

• Like 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Old55 said:

I don’t drink it on a regular basis, but I do drink it often. And yes, pure cocoa does have many health benefits.

I make it a few ways - one Sikwate tablet with 1 cup of boiling hot water or fresh buko juice (coconut water), a pinch of cinnamon and about a tsp of cane sugar. I also love it made with coconut milk (same ratio) or peanut butter (think liquid Reese’s peanut butter cup!). When I make it with peanut butter I’ll cut back on the water to about half a cup and add some milk (I don’t really measure it - I just add until it’s smooth, creamy and a little foamy). 

In the USA I drink Van Houten’s Dutch processed cocoa powder, but I usually make it with whole milk. I still add some cinnamon to boost the chocolate flavor. A friend adds a pinch cayenne pepper as well as cinnamon (I haven’t tried it that way yet). I haven’t tried it with Sikwate yet, but a shot or three of Kaluha is also great. 

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, jimeve said:

Do you mean "monk fruit sugar" I use stevia but I would use Monk fruit sugar if It was readily available in the stores.

Sikwater is a native chocolate drink, I don't drink that. Wife grows it in the garden (Jungle) LOL.

LOL.... yes Jim, Monk Fruit sugar. Asked her how to spell it. But she says Mong. 

A small bit of cinnamon with chocolate are an awesome combination. Cinnamon also has some health benefits.

Edited by Old55
  • Like 1