Are condos allowing daytime visitors these days?

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

I've been trying to plan my arrival to the Philippines. I was hoping to land in Cebu and stay in Avida IT park. However, I've contacted numerous Airbnb hosts and they all say that visitors (i.e. daytime visitors visiting me while I stay there) are not allowed in the condo, and this is strictly enforced by security.

This is a deal breaker, if I can't invite a girl or a friend for a visit then this is going to be a very lonely stay. I can't register every visitor as an official stayover guest, that's not practical.

Does anyone have experience with this issue? Specifically in Avida IT park, and also in other condos in other cities?

Thanks everyone😊

Edited by jimdones

• gabgab changed the title to Are condos allowing daytime visitors these days?
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I live in Avida and no guests past the lobby. We are now downgraded to level 2 but it was still no guest last time we were in level 2 so should be the same.

Same as no delivery's, we have to pick up our water from car park and parcels are left on a table just outside the lobby so what they are telling you is correct. Food deliveries must be met outside also. 

Would not surprise me if they try to keep this policy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks, it's for real then. I'll try go to another city first, although I get the feeling that this may be an obstacle in many other places until the country is downgraded to level 1.

Would love to hear about other condos if anyone knows. Considering Davao as a first stop..

Edited by jimdones

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimdones said:

Thanks, it's for real then. I'll try go to another city first, although I get the feeling that this may be an obstacle in many other places until the country is downgraded to level 1.

Would love to hear about other condos if anyone knows. Considering Davao as a first stop..

I would say not all condos follow this in Cebu. I dont believe its part of any executive order or goverment directive other than social distancing. I think it was done to keep covid out of our buildings by only allowing those who live here and to keep the place less crowded but we still had several cases living here. You can try Avida Riala, they are still Ayala owned so probably do the same thing but who knows.

If you want a hotel instead just less than a minute walk outside the IT park boundary I am sure they allowed "guests" but best to check with them. The other thought is La Guardia flats which the older building backs onto the park probably wont have restrictions.

I will try and ask a friend in Mabolo if they allow guests where he lives. Deco homes is another that I'm sure have no restrictions as another friend lives there and I can get him to check if you like.

As for Davao, well they just lifted the liquor ban after many moons so at least you can have a drink if thats what you like.

• Like 5

gabgab
Posted
Posted

Sounds good, thanks. There are also the condos near Ayala mall to consider.

Hosts from Riala sounded more moderate about the visitor restrictions but not sure if they were just trying to get me to book or were actually truthful. If you know someone from that condo who can verify it that can be great, I'm guessing more people here will be happy to know as well.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

Same in Bacolod, strictly enforced.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Hermogina Apartments in Dumaguete allow guests, can only be rented for a minimum of one month at a time though.  It was our temp accommodation until we found our long term rental and we had family coming in and out all the time.  Not sure that Dumaguete is the town you're after though.

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

In Makati its fine.

My condo building is Ayala Premier managed and Ayala are known to be super anal about restrictions but visitors now allowed in my building.  Think the limit is two per condo ......

gabgab
Posted
Posted

No surprise the mentality in Makati is more lenient.

In Bacolod, I think Cityscape would be easier than Ayala (I've stayed in Cityscape for a good while in 2020, it's a good condo although has some infrastructure issues).

Dumaguete is actually on my list, so is CDO which currently doesn't even allow non-essential tourists apparently. I think I'll try to start in Davao, Abreeza Place is a nice condo, still trying to find out how restrictive they are in terms of daytime visitors.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, jimdones said:

No surprise the mentality in Makati is more lenient.

In Bacolod, I think Cityscape would be easier than Ayala (I've stayed in Cityscape for a good while in 2020, it's a good condo although has some infrastructure issues).

Dumaguete is actually on my list, so is CDO which currently doesn't even allow non-essential tourists apparently. I think I'll try to start in Davao, Abreeza Place is a nice condo, still trying to find out how restrictive they are in terms of daytime visitors.

You plan a permanent move Jim?