Fuel Prices

Gator
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

Subic might be higher.  When I moved here 10 years ago, Subic Bay Freeport had lower prices than the rest of Luzon.  Now they have higher prices.  We have a few discount stations, but my Trailblazer had issues when I used the cheap diesel.

Cheaper diesel often has a higher ratio of biofuel blended into it. Not sure about here, but in the USA it’s supposed to be capped at 20% and labeled accordingly on the pump. The more biofuel the less energy and the worse diesels tend to run (lower fuel mileage / shorter injector life / accelerated O ring deterioration). I usually add an additive with a cetane booster to my semi-trucks (15 liter Cummins and Cat engines). 

I noticed the fuel prices between Cebu and Angeles are about the same. Mid to upper 60’s per liter (a few places in the low 70’s) for regular gasoline and upper 50’s to low / mid 60’s for diesel. A bit more pricier in the southern provinces of Cebu; likely due to transport costs to get it there. 

Edited by Gator
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

During last year the Philippines reported fuel price increases every week for several weeks. Have not seen anything in the news recently.

• 4 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2022 at 12:04 PM, OnMyWay said:

I just filled my Trailblazer.  Diesel, 70.94 litres at 56.61 per L = 4016 pesos.  About $4.17 per gallon. $78.

I didn't drive very far away this past month so I just had to fill up again on March 18.  Same Petron station.  Diesel, 69.39 litres at p75.74 per litre = 5255.60.  33% per litre increase in one month!

I meant to go outside of Subic Bay Freeport this time but I was in a hurry.  I think could get it 4-5 pesos cheaper in Olongapo.

• Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I didn't drive very far away this past month so I just had to fill up again on March 18.  Same Petron station.  Diesel, 69.39 litres at p75.74 per litre = 5255.60.  33% per litre increase in one month!

I meant to go outside of Subic Bay Freeport this time but I was in a hurry.  I think could get it 4-5 pesos cheaper in Olongapo.

The cheapest diesel i saw at a Petron station today was 70.25, so i filled up my tank again. Last Monday the same station was selling at 60.75 and i filled up then as well! The average price today at Petron seemed to be around 74 to 75 a litre for diesel  and there wasn't much difference price wise compared to gas/petrol.

I usually do between 500 to 1,000km per week and its getting expensive! 

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Gas said:

and there wasn't much difference price wise compared to gas/petrol.

I noticed that too!  I think the Petron I was at was about 75 for everything.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

97.7 peso per litre gasoline on Boracay. 

• Sad 4

jimeve
Posted
Posted

62p for diesel, Dumaguete.

• Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, jimeve said:

62p for diesel, Dumaguete.

There was a rollback on fuel prices last night, so the price of diesel dropped around 12 pesos per litre and gasoline around 6 pesos. 

• Like 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Gas said:

There was a rollback on fuel prices last night, so the price of diesel dropped around 12 pesos per litre and gasoline around 6 pesos. 

I found prices here in Dumaguete varied a lot with the rollback. I passed one gas station with diesel rolled back to 66 per litre then as I drove nearer the town center the price had not been rolled back much, if at all, at 75 pesos per litre. So on my way back home thought I'll top up at the place with 66 pesos per litre diesel....but it had now gone up to 75 too!

Luckily nearer home two gas stations opposite each other were competing one with 62.3 and the other 63.2! So topped  up the pajero tank before the the price 'rolls-up" again.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 3/21/2022 at 9:24 PM, Snowy79 said:

97.7 peso per litre gasoline on Boracay. 

42.5 litre at 7/11 if you buy 2.two litre bottles. Coke that is :smile: 

• Haha 3