Fuel Prices

Gator
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, earthdome said:

Prices are coming down where I live in the US midwest. Down $.40/gal since the peak last month for regular unleaded.

Even more of a drop in west central Florida - average price around here is currently about $4.20 per gallon; down over 0.60 cents per gallon from just two weeks ago 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
On 6/21/2022 at 10:44 AM, Snowy79 said:

It's sad that things are being manipulated for the benefits of the few. Without getting political it amazes me that suddenly the Ukraine is suddenly the food basket of the World and the war is hitting everyone. 

They can ship hundreds of tanks, thousands of missiles and every politician and celebrity under the sun into the Ukraine yet they can't get food out! They're also allowing oil and gas to flow at 3/4 of the rate through the country to Europe. Other nations are ignoring the embargos and still buying it and profits for the oil and gas industry are at record levels. It's almost as if they're recouping their loses due to covid.   

To a point it's clear there are many taking advantage of the headwind the 'war' is bringing but I'm not convinced that just because military hardware/celebs can get in and out it should work for produce - it may simply be economically impractical. 

Also, it doesn't matter a jot the mark-up on products if they're simply not available to buy. Example  - no fries in KFC again yesterday! F*** Putin!

All that said,  there is some exploitation going on but perhaps mainly in the power supply/fuel sectors. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Without trying to get political it would appear a certain country has just sold millions of barrels of oil to China.  I'll say no more but Google is your friend. 

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Without trying to get political it would appear a certain country has just sold millions of barrels of oil to China.  I'll say no more but Google is 

No secret they are allies. Neither country plays by the rules, particularly ones they didn't write.

The more things change, the more they stay the same springs to mind.

The issue of the day is will KFC have fries today or not?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

No secret they are allies. Neither country plays by the rules, particularly ones they didn't write.

The more things change, the more they stay the same springs to mind.

The issue of the day is will KFC have fries today or not?

This country is not an ali by any means and more shocking the person who signed it away has a son who bought a $1.7bn stake in the same Chinese company, the same son who was put on the board of Bursima Holdings in the Ukraine a major gas company with zero experience while his father was dangling billions of dollars in aid.  

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

This country is not an ali by any means and more shocking the person who signed it away has a son who bought a $1.7bn stake in the same Chinese company, the same son who was put on the board of Bursima Holdings in the Ukraine a major gas company with zero experience while his father was dangling billions of dollars in aid.  

:popcorn:

• Haha 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
34 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I think this should be the last post for this particular incident.  As Snowy mentioned in an earlier post information is easily available via a google search for those interested.

• Like 2