hotels or condos in cebu

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There are plenty of normal hotel rooms available in Cebu.  Also plenty of very high end suites available.  But the middle of the road stuff is getting sold out for March and what's left is overpriced, it seems to me.

I hesitate to book a private condo sight unseen.  I like a little luxury after flying all that way.  Its a month long vacation for me.  So I am asking if anyone has suggestions.

My idea suite would be spacious, nice kitchenette with a big fridge, comfy king bed, 1 bedroom, with a bathtub in the CR and a recliner in the living room.  It should be close to either the circle or Ayala or IT park.  And it should not cost more than 4K pesos a night including all taxes for 26 nights.

Am I dreaming?  There used to be quite a few places like that but as I look for them now they are all rented.  I do have something along these lines booked in a private condo for that price, but I would prefer a place that is recommended by someone I know.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Following this with interest.

Gator
Posted
Posted

I’m not sure what sites your using for your search; I presume air bnb. When I looked for rooms I did notice that Expedia / Hotels.com showed nothing available, yet Agoda did; or visa versa. Even the prices would vary.

For the first two nights I booked via Expedia at the Radison Blu …… executive suite with breakfast buffet for two for 78$ (USD) per night. On Agoda it said no rooms available. For the last few nights I used Agoda …. Hotel Elizabeth, junior suite for 42$ per night with breakfast for 2. On Expedia the same room was 119$ per night. As a side note - other then a kitchenette, big fridge and recliner (there was a comfy arm chair n sofa) it ticks all your other boxes. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Gator said:

. For the last few nights I used Agoda …. Hotel Elizabeth, junior suite for 42$ per night with breakfast for 2

You did well.  I have used all the sites you mention as well as going direct to the hotel.  Here are the prices when you book your room direct to the hotel:

temp.jpg

As you can see, the 8K pesos they are asking is a far cry above the $42 a night that you are paying.  In this case Agoda worked well.  I don't like Agoda anymore, since they started adding taxes and fees upon paying instead of in the ad.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2022 at 1:29 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

My idea suite would be spacious, nice kitchenette with a big fridge, comfy king bed, 1 bedroom, with a bathtub in the CR and a recliner in the living room.  It should be close to either the circle or Ayala or IT park.  And it should not cost more than 4K pesos a night including all taxes for 26 nights.

I will look tonight to see if I can find the AirBnB condo we stayed in near the circle.  Owned by an American and his wife.  It was a few years ago but was a good deal then.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I will look tonight to see if I can find the AirBnB condo we stayed in near the circle.  Owned by an American and his wife.  It was a few years ago but was a good deal then.

PM sent

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2022 at 1:29 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Finding the bathtub will be the hard part. Several studio units available that dont suit your needs. Here is a one bedroom without tub but in your range. https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/15722842?check_in=2022-03-02&check_out=2022-03-28&guests=1&adults=2&s=67&unique_share_id=865e4afe-7272-4671-bd77-0851e32218ee

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2022 at 1:31 PM, Old55 said:

Following this with interest.

Why, you usually stay in luxury resorts anyway :mocking:

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)

We stayed at Horizon 101 both times we went to Cebu. Good enough...We always booked through booking.com if I remember correctly.

https://www.dotproperty.com.ph/condo/871/horizons-101

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 1