Returning to the UK with my Filipina bride

Mike Maggs
Posted
Posted (edited)

I plan to visit Mindanao this August for 4 weeks, and marry a lady from Davao.

She owns a house there and we plan to live there, working on improvements to the property.

At some stage later, we would like to visit our family in England for a few months, but need to return to live in our house, I think that is a

compelling reason my future wife has family in Davao, and a daughter in England

Edited by Old55
Corrected spelling

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

So you are asking once you are married, if you can both return? 

The answer is yes in the current moment but you need to check if she is allowed to leave.

Mike Maggs
Posted
Posted (edited)

As moderator can you correct my spelling mistake, I intended to write bride

Edited by Old55
Corrected topic title spelling as requested
  • Like 1

• Old55 changed the title to Returning to the UK with my Filipina bride
Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Mike and congratulations on your forthcoming wedding.

There are two options open to you. A UK Visit visa, which is valid for a year and allows multiple entries to the UK, up to a combined maximum of 6 months. Or up to a single six month visit if you prefer. The other is a Spousal visa which I believe is valid for thirty months. You will probably be better off getting a UK Visit visa for your wife. There are a lot of bureaucratic hoops to jump through (proof of your history together, joint travels, emails, photos etc), but you will need to demonstrate a reason for her to return to the Philippines. Have you met your future wife in person? That will be important. If so, have you travelled anywhere, preferably abroad, with her? That would be helpful. It demonstrates she has complied with visa restrictions before.  If I read your post correctly, she has a daughter living in the UK? That might be a red flag. UK visa staff might consider that a reason for her not to leave the UK! Has she visited the UK before? Her having a property in Davao would be a positive point. But the UK embassy in Manila will require quite a lot of convincing that your case is genuine. 

On a different note, regarding your fiancé. Has she been married before? If she has been married in the Philippines she would need to get an annulment before you can marry, which is not easy and very expensive. Currently divorce in the Philippines is not possible although there are rumors that may change. If she was married in the UK and divorced there that might make it easier. Just something else to consider.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you both.

• Like 2