Jump to content

Pets once again


Recommended Posts

Okay forum police I know this subject has been broached before but I'm looking for current info. My house sold in one day (double what I paid 5 yrs ago) so I'm scrambling to tie things up here. I'm bringing two Siamese cats, in 2019 we brought our dog so I'm somewhat familiar with the process but it looks like some things have changed. For instance it's unclear whether the heath certification has to be issued within 10 days or 30 days. Also they are asking for some documents that they didn't require before like an affidavit and pet passport. It looks like It's a catch 22 situation also, in order to get the import permit I have to upload the documents to the inter-commerce website, one of them being the health certificate but I can't get the health certificate from the USDA without the import permit. I emailed the BAI with detailed questions about the process but only got a reply with a link to the inter-commerce website. So if anyone has recently been through this I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
49 minutes ago, Heeb said:

I emailed the BAI

Who are the BAI? Google shows nothing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support

Does this info help at all?

https://www.cdc.gov/importation/bringing-an-animal-into-the-united-states/cats.html

A general certificate of health is not required by CDC for entry of pet cats into the United States, although some airlines or states may require them. However, pet cats are subject to inspection at ports of entry and may be denied entry into the United States if they have evidence of an infectious disease that can be transmitted to humans. If a cat appears to be ill, further examination by a licensed veterinarian at the owner’s expense might be required at the port of entry.

Cats are not required to have proof of rabies vaccination for importation into the United States. However, some states require vaccination of cats for rabies, so it is a good idea to check with state and local health authorities at your final destination.

All pet cats arriving in the state of Hawaii External and the territory of Guam External, even from the U.S. mainland, are subject to locally imposed quarantine requirements.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Mike J said:

Does this info help at all?

https://www.cdc.gov/importation/bringing-an-animal-into-the-united-states/cats.html

A general certificate of health is not required by CDC for entry of pet cats into the United States, although some airlines or states may require them. However, pet cats are subject to inspection at ports of entry and may be denied entry into the United States if they have evidence of an infectious disease that can be transmitted to humans. If a cat appears to be ill, further examination by a licensed veterinarian at the owner’s expense might be required at the port of entry.

Cats are not required to have proof of rabies vaccination for importation into the United States. However, some states require vaccination of cats for rabies, so it is a good idea to check with state and local health authorities at your final destination.

All pet cats arriving in the state of Hawaii External and the territory of Guam External, even from the U.S. mainland, are subject to locally imposed quarantine requirements.

I'm going the opposite way to the P.I.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Heeb said:

My house sold in one day (double what I paid 5 yrs ago)

Congrats on the quick sale and great timing!  If you don't mind sharing, what type of buyer was it?

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Congrats on the quick sale and great timing!  If you don't mind sharing, what type of buyer was it?

Hmm , big fat and obnoxious but with money. Was wearing ripped denim jeans with jacket. Probably not the best looking and smoked heavily. You know the type.

Hope that explains the type. :mocking:

Sorry could not resist :tiphat:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Congrats on the quick sale and great timing!  If you don't mind sharing, what type of buyer was it?

It was a man and a woman not married, she's a university professor, I don't know what he does. Two buyers had escalating bids, it ended up going 10% over asking price. They are financing but putting a lot down. There's just not enough houses for sale out there right now and buyers have to be aggressive when something comes to market, rents are through the roof. If there is a market collapse it probably won't last long, In my opinion we've reached a point where we have too many people in the country and they aren't building much now maybe because of construction costs. How many Ukraine refugees will end up settling in North America? More people, families will double up to buy homes, I believe they are already because there's a lot more cars parked in the street now, which irks me because it creates one way traffic in the narrow streets. I suppose with gas prices going up and inflation it will put some people over the edge and force some distress sales or foreclosures, there might be a window of opportunity in the near future.
 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:
On 2/24/2022 at 2:56 AM, Heeb said:

pet passport.

What next, covid vax certificate ? 

When we brought our two dogs in 8 years ago some web sites were also pitching a "pet passport".  The passport is just a folder with the words "Pet Passport" on it.  A place for a picture of the dog, name, breed, sex, etc.  Completely bogus and not required at all, just a ripoff by sites/business that specialize in pet travel.  I have not read anything from an official source that speaks of a passport for pets.  Documents, shot record, vet certificate, being chipped, etc.     

<snip>Pet passports as such don't exist; rather the term is used to describe the collection of immigration forms required by the destination country. These may consist of immunization records, rabies certifications or blood tests.<end snip>

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...