World war 3?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Anyone have an opinion why Russia took Chernobyl nuclear plant ?

By the way, Facebook put me in Jail again. All I did was comment on a post with, "Putin needs shooting" and bam, 24 hour jail time. Second breach of FB policies in 2 months, guess there's no freedom of speech. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Facebollocks and their 'community standards' crap, are truly pathetic.  :rolleyes:

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

By the way, Facebook put me in Jail again. All I did was comment on a post with, "Putin needs shooting" and bam, 24 hour jail time. Second breach of FB policies in 2 months, guess there's no freedom of speech. 

Funny that , you was only telling the truth 

• Thanks 1

Heeb
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, earthdome said:

Germany has made this problem worse by going bat s___ crazy green and shutting down their nuclear power plants making them even more dependent on Russia. Say what you want of the French, but at least they realize that energy independence is important and have committed to building a large number of next generation nuclear plants.

Natural gas is subject to supply chain problems. When a pipeline exploded in Canada in 2018 it caused all kinds of problems on the western grid, it happened in early fall when there wasn't a lot of water to generate hydro, prices shot up as demand increased. Natural gas plants typically only generates about 250mw where a newer generation nuclear plant is around 2000Mw. Windmills? don't get me started.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
20 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I think that Putin is very much a believer in the Salami slice method (as it seems is Xi)...

I agree, but both have got a bigger enemy than the West, age in it self, they aren't spring chickens and this conflict isn't a walk in the park as he thought it would be. :571b119686cf7_1(72):

• Hmm thinking 1

earthdome
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Only thing that comes to mind is that they want to extract the remaining fuel/spent fuel so Ukraine can not use it in a potential weapons program. Or... make the claim that they were preventing that to justify the invasion.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Only thing that comes to mind is that they want to extract the remaining fuel/spent fuel so Ukraine can not use it in a potential weapons program. Or... make the claim that they were preventing that to justify the invasion.

In addition to prevent Ukrainian troops / saboteurs from getting any of the material to make dirty bombs for use against Russian troops or targets inside of Russia. But mainly I think it’s because it lies a direct path to the capital. Pukin’ thinks if he takes the capital and instills a puppet government then it gave over and he’s won. I guess he didn’t learn anything from Russia’s adventure in Afghanistan.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
51 minutes ago, Gator said:

Pukin’ thinks if he takes the capital and instills a puppet government then it gave over and he’s won. I guess he didn’t learn anything from Russia’s adventure in Afghanistan.  

Perhaps he think that he can do that like the USA did in Iraq.  Lets hope that he sticks to one country OR try's his tricks in Afghanistan again.  I would love to see that.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

This morning I spoke to a Ukrainian coworker I used to work. He was on my team and I knew him well over many years he and his brother are good guys.

He said the many Russian citizens believe and support Putin. They truly believe all their economic issues are caused by America and to a lesser degree European nations. They also believe many Ukrainians still support fascist ideologies from the Second World War and they are working with the west to undermineand and compromise Russias stability causing it to collapse. 

He also said Ukrainians have been fighting Russians for the past ten years of so through direct and proxy attacks. Some are worn down from this and the fact Ukraine has had little growth. Some Ukrainians just don't care if Russia runs their country but the majority wish to be free of the Russians. It's complicated.

• Like 2

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

It has been suggested that Putin might have taken Chernobyl as a way of threatening NATO countries without invading... a convenient 'accident' or regretable 'abandonment of posts by Ukraine workers' leading to a wide area radiation release could be used as a big threat hanging over western Europe.

• Like 2