The Tourists Are Back In Subic Bay

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Start of the 3 day weekend.

Went to our nearby Jollibee to get takeout lunch today.  Jammed packed with tourists.  Drive thru had 10+ cars and inside jam packed.

Went to Royal Duty Free.  No checking for vax cards.  Temp check and the little slip of paper.  Jam packed.  If you have a lot of things, probably 30-45 minutes to check out.

We haven't seen this in 2 years.  It was nice for us locals.  No need to plan a grocery trip around the tourist hours.

People are itching to get out.  I hope another variant does not rear it's ugly head.

Our Baguio family is visiting.  They said the road going up to Baguio was a traffic jam.  They are all fully vaccinated AND had Covid!

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I've noticed a lot more westerners in Dumaguete in the last week as well.  No real impact on customer service that I can see so far but it's definitely not the ghost town it was when I arrived in January.  In January the bars along the esplanade were basically empty and now, whilst not full, they do have a lot more customers.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Went to our nearby Jollibee to get takeout lunch today.  Jammed packed with tourists.  Drive thru had 10+ cars and inside jam packed.

I guess you mean local tourist and not those pesky ones that come in from overseas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I guess you mean local tourist and not those pesky ones that come in from overseas.

Yup, even in normal times most tourists here are from Luzon.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I hope another variant does not rear it's ugly head.

Well there is, second addition of Omicron , BA.2. So far most vaccines will protect and this version is apparently more transmissible. Please dont tell the IATF as they will close the borders. 

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well there is, second addition of Omicron , BA.2. So far most vaccines will protect and this version is apparently more transmissible. Please dont tell the IATF as they will close the borders. 

A simple liquor ban would do well in that case. :popcorn:

• Haha 3