Globe vs PLDT - Polar Opposites In Customer Service

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

There is a difference.  Over years of using Globe and PLDT I found that PLDT's main product was a wired service and the speed was somewhat consistent.  It meant there were a limited number of connections and it was common to find out that a connection was not available where I lived.  Globe, on the other hand, had a wireless product as their main service.  That meant it was good until it wasn't.  When too many people in the area got the Globe product then it wasn't good.

YMMV

• Like 5

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is a difference.  Over years of using Globe and PLDT I found that PLDT's main product was a wired service and the speed was somewhat consistent.  It meant there were a limited number of connections and it was common to find out that a connection was not available where I lived.  Globe, on the other hand, had a wireless product as their main service.  That meant it was good until it wasn't.  When too many people in the area got the Globe product then it wasn't good.

YMMV

Globe now offer fibre to the home.  Testing on Ookla etc and speeds are as advertised.  

image.png

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 4

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

YMMV

I've been with Globe for 7 years and have always had a wired service, never wireless.  1st was all copper, then upgraded to fiber to copper and finally all fiber for the past 2 years.  Speed is consistently above plan i.e. getting 240mbps now on my 200mbps plan.  We only chose Globe because, as you stated, PLDT had no availability at the time.  

That said, my neighbour with Globe is always complaining about her connection so, as always, YMMV.

• Like 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Moral of the story?  PLDT have to realise that after so long being the only player in town, there are options other than them and their shoddy treatment of customers needs to change if they want to remain competitive

Interesting story.

And yes all companies here have to remain competitive.

I was pleasantly suprised when I received a call from Globe 3 months back telling me " because Ive been a loyal customer for their wifi over past 3 years I qualified for a rebate via Gcash of P5000 and a reduction in monthly fee of P100 if i committed to continue using them for next year.

No one gives anyone anything for nothing especially not Ayala so I asked the agent why I was getting this wonderful loyalty bonus. Got put onto a supervisor who explained that Converge and PLDT fibre were attracting many Globe customers and therefor they wanted to lock in their existing and  loyal customers. At least he was honest.

• Like 5

graham59
Posted
Posted

On the other hand (after almost 3 years with them), I've had nothing but first class service from PLDT. :whatever:

Here's my speedtest results from the other day, from my 50meg fiber plan.  (p1999 per month) :

12804384913.png

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

When I moved last November we opened a Sky account online and instal was the next day. Easy as although the guys were about an hour late to do the job as planned but thats to be expected.

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, Freebie said:

Interesting story.

And yes all companies here have to remain competitive.

I was pleasantly suprised when I received a call from Globe 3 months back telling me " because Ive been a loyal customer for their wifi over past 3 years I qualified for a rebate via Gcash of P5000 and a reduction in monthly fee of P100 if i committed to continue using them for next year.

No one gives anyone anything for nothing especially not Ayala so I asked the agent why I was getting this wonderful loyalty bonus. Got put onto a supervisor who explained that Converge and PLDT fibre were attracting many Globe customers and therefor they wanted to lock in their existing and  loyal customers. At least he was honest.

Yep.

Globe have been offering various excellent upgrades recently i.e. double your speed for only 100php a month and the latest 200mbps for 2199php a month. 

Of course, each time you take advantage of these offers your 24-month tie-in is rebooted and starts again! No issue for me as I need internet anyway but it's a great retention tool for them.

• Like 4

RBM
Posted
Posted

Brett did you try out Dito? We used it when it started here around 8 months ago, amazing speeds from the cell.

Since the Odette its been off line so back to Gomo which is slow but load not expire.