RT-PCR

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

There is also the problem of possibly not getting the result back before the flight leaves.  So I wonder if people have problems getting on the plane with a test taken but no results back yet?  I expect the results will be in before the plane lands and if now we sit in Manila and wait for the email  :whistling:

This has got to be the most fecked up trip I have taken to the Philippines but the boss (wife) says its gotta be done.

The whole RT-PCR 48 hour timeframe is really tight, I've been stressing that more than anything else.  I only have one provider here, they don't do rapid turnaround and my connecting flight wouldn't allow time for testing then results before boarding (if I even had time to get them done at Sydney airport).

I've been thinking about contacting Qantas and changing my domestic flight to the day before and getting the test done at Sydney airport for exactly that reason.

Have you thought about using an airport rapid turn around RT-PCR testing center?  Is that available at your airport?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Have you thought about using an airport rapid turn around RT-PCR testing center?  Is that available at your airport?

They have a Rapid Test at the airport but they say it is a Rapid Antigen Test not a PCR test. (The PCR test needs to be sent to the lab.) So I will take a PCR test 36 hours before my flight then at flight check in, if the results are not back, ask if I can go take a 30 minute rapid test.  Its all crazy, as you know.  A huge money maker for all the testing facilities.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

And another screw up.  We had to change airlines as Singapore Airlines do not want our business.  That means our RT-PCR test is no longer in the 48 hour window.  But if we reschedule Lyn will have to take a day off work to do it and her boss will have a fit . . (Already taking 30 days off and you want ANOTHER day?)

There is also the problem of possibly not getting the result back before the flight leaves.  So I wonder if people have problems getting on the plane with a test taken but no results back yet?  I expect the results will be in before the plane lands and if now we sit in Manila and wait for the email  :whistling:

This has got to be the most fecked up trip I have taken to the Philippines but the boss (wife) says its gotta be done.

I think you can safely say you will not be allowed to board without a negative result.  No airline would risk you travelling to find out your result is positive, the brown stuff would hit the fan. 

• Like 4