Rare British TV

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

Things are a bit slow these days, so I thought I'd share this for those who enjoy watching quite old TV and films that entertained the earlier generations. Bit a nostalgia. I have to embed one of the vids I just watched, since the channel itself won't embed here.

They do seem to be digging up and resurrecting quite a few things from the earlier part of the 20th century now on  various YT channels.  I enjoy seeing the older cultural ways portrayed.

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted
39 minutes ago, manofthecoldland said:

Things are a bit slow these days, so I thought I'd share this for those who enjoy watching quite old TV and films that entertained the earlier generations. Bit a nostalgia. I have to embed one of the vids I just watched, since the channel itself won't embed here.

They do seem to be digging up and resurrecting quite a few things from the earlier part of the 20th century now on  various YT channels.  I enjoy seeing the older cultural ways portrayed.

Before my time but I believe it was popular.

Z Cars, The Sweeney, The Professionals and Minder were the cops and robbers shows of my time. 

• Like 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, hk blues said:

Before my time but I believe it was popular.

Z Cars, The Sweeney, The Professionals and Minder were the cops and robbers shows of my time. 

From Google....... Incredibly, Dixon of Dock Green ran from 1955 to 1976, with Jack Warner playing Dixon in 432 episodes.

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Cosy memories from my childhood. Cheers. :smile:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Every so often I will see an old favorite program....Very few would be aired in todays politically correct environment 

• Sad 1

Major Tom
Posted
Posted

The Avengers!

avengers.jpg

I 'm not really sure if it was "Rare British TV" but I had a HUGE dick.jpg crush on Mrs. Peel (Diana Rigg).

Peel.jpg

• Like 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Slim Jim said:

The Avengers!

avengers.jpg

I 'm not really sure if it was "Rare British TV" but I had a HUGE dick.jpg crush on Mrs. Peel (Diana Rigg).

Peel.jpg

Same here, my favorite actress at the time.

• Like 1