My Filipina wife would rather holiday in Britain than go to the Philippines

Lieutenant Dan

7 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Best to do it before WW3. May not be the same otherwise :laugh:

I know that you are joking, but I really think that we are seeing the beginning of the end for Putin and his legion of Oligarchs, instead of the start of WWIII.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, stevewool said:

A tip , just spend a day or two enjoying the sites of London then see the rest of the United Kingdom it is truly a beautiful place to see.

Decades ago, I spent several days in London and surrounding places, including Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Bath, but I’d like to see much more than that with my wife… any suggestions?

Edited by Slim Jim

I am from "New England" and spent 8 weeks traveling in England before Covid. I bought an umbrella because everyone told me it rained all the time. It rained about 4 times in the 8 weeks. Buy an umbrella and have a great trip :hystery:.

Things to do

• See London in 2-4 days then see all the great country
  • Travel to Kent
    • Go to Faversham and check out Shepherd Neame Brewery. I think its England's oldest. They have some of the greatest advertisements for their beers. Like Bishops Finger, every nuns best friend.
  • Check out the white cliffs of Dover and hike across the cliffs. There are wild horses roaming on the cliffs. Try to get on a sailboat and check out the cliffs from the Sea.
  • Hastings is a place many say is unsafe but it was a great city. I was there and saw some cool parade for the battle of 1066. It was awesome. 
  • Checkout Canterbury, Brighton, Essex and Sussex.

Fortunate for me, I was there with Rotary so I was shown around by people that live there.

England is a beautiful little island with people that speak a strange language. Watch out for the lorry when going to the loo.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, fototek1 said:

England is a beautiful little island ...

image.jpeg

• Haha 5

17 hours ago, Slim Jim said:

Decades ago, I spent several days in London and surrounding places, including Windsor Castle, Stonehenge, and Bath, but I’d like to see much more than that with my wife… any suggestions?

Depending  on how long you will be here plus your budget too, try to hire a car and travel further , if you can’t use the bus National Express its cheap and gets you from one place to another , so many places to see .

Try to get friendly with with folk over in the uk before you visit, you never know they may be able to show you around and even put you up for a few days , you know what Filipinas are like once they start talking to each other they end up like family 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

ok,ok,ok. Sorry British folks. I didnt mean to say all of you from Scotland, and Wales are English when we all know according to Filipinos you are Joe from USA.  I have not had a drink for a few weeks and as I typed, was so excited thinking about the cask ales when I toured the part of Great Britain called England. One of many mistakes I made that day :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Forum Support
11 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

so excited thinking about the cask ales when I toured the part of Great Britain called England. One of many mistakes I made that day :hystery:

If you think that was exciting, try touring the single malt distilleries of Scotland.  Assuming the free samples are still the same as decades ago, you will create some fond memories and a new appreciation of Scotch Whiskey.

• Like 3
  • Love it 1