Cataract surgery

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Good to know Jim pleased your procedure went well.

• Thanks 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, jimeve said:

I had my Cataract surgery yesterday at Holy Child Hospital @Mike J. Went painless and very professional procedure with all the eye test and eye drops. P47k.

So far my eye sight has improved 100% for distance in that eye, I have a cataract in the other eye but not as serious so that can wait.

The doctor put a mono lens in, meaning I will need reading glasses but half the cost of multi lens.

Great!  Congrats!

How did you go about selecting the doctor?

• Thanks 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, jimeve said:

I had my Cataract surgery yesterday at Holy Child Hospital @Mike J. Went painless and very professional procedure with all the eye test and eye drops. P47k.

So far my eye sight has improved 100% for distance in that eye, I have a cataract in the other eye but not as serious so that can wait.

The doctor put a mono lens in, meaning I will need reading glasses but half the cost of multi lens.

Glad it went well Jim....was the P47k cost after a Philhealth discount?

• Thanks 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

My wife had cataract surgery on one eye in the United States before we left.  She will have the 2nd one upon our return.  Both procedures are covered by Medicare except if you opt for multi instead of mono, there is an additional $3,500 charge per eye.  One requirement before each procedure is a full medical check-up since this is classified as surgery.  

During the past 25 years, cataract surgery has become commonplace.  I would not hesitate to get it done in the Philippines.  The physicians here are well trained.

• Like 3

jimeve
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 2/9/2023 at 7:03 AM, OzeMike said:

Glad it went well Jim....was the P47k cost after a Philhealth discount?

Yes mike, and including test and eye drops. I'd like to add that was only for one eye, Mike.

Edited by jimeve
  • Thanks 2

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

In the USA , 68% of those over the age of 80 get cataracts. (Wikipedia)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataract

A great many of the people I know, have cataract surgery in their 70's.

My own eyesight deteriorated rapidly within the last 5 months, to where it is now giving me a sense of dangerous vulnerability.

I failed my driver's license renewal vision test in December, and thought I just needed a new eyeglass prescription, not having a new one in several years. Turns out I have cataracts.

I am having both eyes done next week, and not  a moment too soon since I have just recently begun to have trouble reading my computer screen.

This thing can sneak up on you, so be aware and forearmed.

• Like 2

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, manofthecoldland said:

In the USA , 68% of those over the age of 80 get cataracts. (Wikipedia)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cataract

A great many of the people I know, have cataract surgery in their 70's.

My own eyesight deteriorated rapidly within the last 5 months, to where it is now giving me a sense of dangerous vulnerability.

I failed my driver's license renewal vision test in December, and thought I just needed a new eyeglass prescription, not having a new one in several years. Turns out I have cataracts.

I am having both eyes done next week, and not  a moment too soon since I have just recently begun to have trouble reading my computer screen.

This thing can sneak up on you, so be aware and forearmed.

I'm getting close to this category...been putting it off. That's why I was interested in what Jim paid.

It would be cheaper having done here than in Australia I guess.

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, OzeMike said:

I'm getting close to this category...been putting it off. That's why I was interested in what Jim paid.

It would be cheaper having done here than in Australia I guess.

That was for only one eye, mike. Just to confirm you have the correct pricing as posted in my original post.

• Thanks 2

• 8 months later...