Jump to content

13A Leaving the country for a while....


Recommended Posts

Hi there.  I know in some of my threads I discussed this but it does indeed look like I will be going to Canada for a few months in a few months.  I know things can change but I want to get a solid idea of what I need to accomplish to ensure that both my wife and I don't end up blowing money due to missing nonsense and such.

As of today I know I need:
 

1. ECC-B - I believe can do this 30 days or so before the flight and at the airport or an office that supports doing that.

1.(a) Travel Declaration Form travel declaration.pdf (philippineairlines.com)

2. Onehealthpass - Hopefully this might not be a requirement in a few months, but what is involved with this just hit up the website and make an appointment?  I think I read some posts where people got rejected for this.

2.(a)  Covid test.  As of April 1st, Canada won't need this requirement. 

3. Travel Tax- I assume will have to have this ready for myself and my wife.

4. Proof of vaccination - Currently we have the local government's card they provided us.  Their database has us on their for first dose but due to logistics issues and we have escalated for months, still no update on that.  (For the vaxcert.ph website.)  The barangay that we did both our doses at does not have a QR code sit was highly recommended to make sure and we will do that as soon as possible.  Any thoughts on this.  https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph/.

4.(a) Travel Insurance - I am reading on some websites that proof of travel insurance might be required.  I will have this but was just wondering if this is a requirement to actually leave the Philippines since I will be covered by provincial insurance once landing in Canada.  

5. Flights.   Book now or later? I will start researching.   I will have 1 luggage each and perhaps an extra bag so any airline thoughts would be appreciated.   I suppose it's better to book the extra weight/bags ahead of time.    How much extra should I look to pay for a "flexible" flight with minimal charges?  At this point everything seems solid but it's my wife's first trip to Canada so we are being very cautious.   

6.  Anything else you guys can think of? I am not 100% sure exactly how long we will be gone but for at least 3-4 months but the plan is come back.  I will maintain a residential address in the Philippines while I am gone.   Just want to avoid any big issues.

Thanks and more could come up based on your feedback.

Thanks a lot :)
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Manager
4 hours ago, Shol said:

2. Onehealthpass - Hopefully this might not be a requirement in a few months, but what is involved with this just hit up the website and make an appointment?  I think I read some posts where people got rejected for this

Don't believe you need an appointment. Its an online system and will be needed for return, not exit.

4 hours ago, Shol said:

4.(a) Travel Insurance - I am reading on some websites that proof of travel insurance might be required.  I will have this but was just wondering if this is a requirement to actually leave the Philippines since I will be covered by provincial insurance once landing in Canada.  

My opinion is it would have to be destination rules as nothing to do with the Philippines unless you are entering the country.

 

4 hours ago, Shol said:

At this point everything seems solid but it's my wife's first trip to Canada so we are being very cautious.   

Is it her first trip out of the country? If it is have proof of everything such as marriage papers, photos of both of you together as they are sure to take her to the side for an interview.

Daves going back soon so I'm sure he will fill you in.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

 

When entering the Philippines:

Don't lose your boarding pass. They will ask for it at immigration.

The PAL website implied that the TRAZE app is mandatory. It's not. Praise the Lord because you have not seen invasion of privacy until you read the BS you Need to approve in order to download and install the app. I nearly got ill while reading it.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Shol said:

it's my wife's first trip to Canada so we are being very cautious.   

I'm pretty sure she will have to do a seminar and get her passport stamped for getting out of the country. Make sure your wife knows ALOT ABOUT YOU AND YOUR FAMILY it is a safe guard against her being trafficked, also don't leave it until the last minute as a lot fail and have to go back and redo the test. :cheersty:

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Shol said:

Hi there.  I know in some of my threads I discussed this but it does indeed look like I will be going to Canada for a few months in a few months.  I know things can change but I want to get a solid idea of what I need to accomplish to ensure that both my wife and I don't end up blowing money due to missing nonsense and such.

As of today I know I need:
 

1. ECC-B - I believe can do this 30 days or so before the flight and at the airport or an office that supports doing that.

1.(a) Travel Declaration Form travel declaration.pdf (philippineairlines.com)

2. Onehealthpass - Hopefully this might not be a requirement in a few months, but what is involved with this just hit up the website and make an appointment?  I think I read some posts where people got rejected for this.

2.(a)  Covid test.  As of April 1st, Canada won't need this requirement. 

3. Travel Tax- I assume will have to have this ready for myself and my wife.

4. Proof of vaccination - Currently we have the local government's card they provided us.  Their database has us on their for first dose but due to logistics issues and we have escalated for months, still no update on that.  (For the vaxcert.ph website.)  The barangay that we did both our doses at does not have a QR code sit was highly recommended to make sure and we will do that as soon as possible.  Any thoughts on this.  https://vaxcert.doh.gov.ph/.

4.(a) Travel Insurance - I am reading on some websites that proof of travel insurance might be required.  I will have this but was just wondering if this is a requirement to actually leave the Philippines since I will be covered by provincial insurance once landing in Canada.  

5. Flights.   Book now or later? I will start researching.   I will have 1 luggage each and perhaps an extra bag so any airline thoughts would be appreciated.   I suppose it's better to book the extra weight/bags ahead of time.    How much extra should I look to pay for a "flexible" flight with minimal charges?  At this point everything seems solid but it's my wife's first trip to Canada so we are being very cautious.   

6.  Anything else you guys can think of? I am not 100% sure exactly how long we will be gone but for at least 3-4 months but the plan is come back.  I will maintain a residential address in the Philippines while I am gone.   Just want to avoid any big issues.

Thanks and more could come up based on your feedback.

Thanks a lot :)
 

2.  As JGF says, OneHealthPass is for entry into PI only, not exit.  If it's still a requirement upon your return, it's online and can't be completed any earlier than 24 hours before your arrival back in PI.  https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/

4.  Possibly present your vaccination cards to Canadian authorities and they may be able to enter it into their database?

4(a).  It's only those on tourist visas that require the travel insurance that covers for covid hospitalisation in PI.  The situation is pretty fluid, I'd check again before your return. 

5.  Flights are still relatively expensive compared to the past, might be worth waiting a little or this could be the new norm.  With regards to flexible, airlines seem to be playing it as hard and fast as they ever did with regards to you cancelling flights and refunds, it's a different story if they do it, they're actually being very reasonable.  I paid about 40% extra for my fully flexible flight with PAL from Australia in January, and I considered this relatively cheap; I've seen it up to double the "discount" price from other airlines in the past. 

As Clermont said, the anti-trafficking seminar thing may or may not happen but best to prepare.  My wife had to do it the first time she visited me in Australia, despite having travelled the world before we even met.  

Stay abreast of updates on the the BI Facebook page, it's actually pretty good with regards to information flow and any changes that occur with regards to entry, and they always answer questions sent to them by Facebook Messenger, normally within 24 hours.  https://www.facebook.com/officialbureauofimmigration 

Edit:  As Guy F said, ignore any requirement for the Traze app.  I haven't had to produce it once since my return, this includes at immigration.  

 

 

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

You've still got a couple of months before you go, check that seminar out it is booked out months ahead and you wont get her out of the country without that passport stamp. As for the health requirements, I think it is here to stay, if you go out and come back, check the health requirements. As the way I read it, you have to have a policy to cover your stay even if returning. Maybe worth checking or it could cost you a packet. :whatever: 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks folks.  Lots of great tips.  Yes we already are aware and working on the seminar (as it will be required.) and such and will look at the flights though we already have budget allotted for that.   Will be checking things out but just wanted to get a lay of the land before I start my research and you guys did that.

It's really appreciated!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
8 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Daves going back soon so I'm sure he will fill you in.

First time leaving for Canada my Common Law wife had to go to a few seminars before leaving but once at the airport they saw she had done all that and had a Permanent Resident visa for Canada so they just waved her through.  I will comment here later if she has any hassle leaving the country this time.  We are not expecting any as she has a Permanent Resident ID card for Canada now.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks Dave.  We are only aware at this point of the one everyone mentioned on here for the trafficking safeguard however will be looking at it all to make sure so we don't get told to pound it at the airport for some nonsense I was too dumb to factor in :)

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Forum Support
14 minutes ago, Shol said:

Thanks Dave. 

Rats, I forgot to mention the most important one, but you probably know of it already.  The ArriveCAN app that must be completed BEFORE arriving in Canada.

https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/coronavirus-disease-covid-19/arrivecan.html

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...