Coming back to the Philippines (finally)

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

Hopefully that doesn't cause issues when the sample results are sent to me otherwise I'll have to hope I've got time for a test at Sydney Airport

Yeah, they were sticky about the time when I had my paperwork checked.  Fortunately I had the RT-PCR test done 36 hours before departure and the results were back in about 15 hours.  LOADS of opportunity to stuff that up.  Takes longer for the RT-PCR than for other types of rapid test.  I would definitely not leave it until arrival at the airport unless the rules have changed to allow rapid tests.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Yeah, they were sticky about the time when I had my paperwork checked.  Fortunately I had the RT-PCR test done 36 hours before departure and the results were back in about 15 hours.  LOADS of opportunity to stuff that up.  Takes longer for the RT-PCR than for other types of rapid test.  I would definitely not leave it until arrival at the airport unless the rules have changed to allow rapid tests.

I was trying to stay within the 48 hour window but closer to the earlier time limit because I have a connecting domestic flight that leaves early in the morning.  

Because I wanted a printed copy of the results I was trying to ensure I got the results on the day before I flew out but I over thought it *sigh*.

The testing clinic seem confident that the second sample they took (inside the 48 hour time frame) will be the one used for my certificate so it should be ok.

They have changed the rules to allow Rapid Antigen Testing but only if it's done by a laboratory (and it has to be within 24 hours of departure), the one at Sydney Airport claim they can have those done and the results available within 15 minutes so that's my backup plan.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

Follow up -:  The reason why my watch was wrong was daylight saving time ended on sunday night (with all of the rushing round trying to get the house empty and the real estate agent organized I completely missed that) and my watch was still set to summer time (it was an hour out).

Also the second sample submission yesterday did not alter the collection time on the result form (despite what the Bendigo collection center said) which I just received so that's outside the 48 hour window (by 14 minutes).  I have heard of people being refused bording for being only a short time outside the 48 hour window and I don't want to risk that.

So I booked another test online (with a second $145 fee) and I have a (electronic) sample collection form.

If I go in this morning before midday then I'm still within their 'return result' window and I expect to get the result overnight (early in the morning like this dud one).  I'm planning to be there at opening time (this time to ensure I stay within their collection window).

The downside is I will only have an electronic PDF of the result because the print shop won't be open before I fly out on my domestic flight *sigh*.

This RT-PCR thing is... ugghhh... won't swear on here.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

OK second sample taken, my sample yesterday was negative (although outside the 48 hour window) so should be fine.

Another small problem, my backpack (which is my normal carry on) doesn't fit my new Dell laptop so I'm off to the mall shortly to see what they've got :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

I hate leaving stuff to the last minute but I've had no choice this time as I spent the last 4 weeks shifting furniture and only got it done just in time.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

OK one health pass is registered and I have a QR code as well as Traze and I have a QR code for that as well.

And I picked up a new laptop backpack.

I know... I'm rambling crap... but at this point I'm over it.

I just want to be in the Philippines again.

• Like 4
  • Love it 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

I know... I'm rambling crap... but at this point I'm over it.

I just want to be in the Philippines again.

Well done.  You have all your bases covered.  Fortunately there is some sanity in the world so if you have a printout of your first Covid test and a pic on your phone of the second result I am sure they will accept that.  Only a total ass would send you away for that.  You're good to go in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

Got my second test result and this one is signed and endorsed with QR code as ok for travel and I have checked in at Bendigo airport, my baggage will be transferred through to the international flight and I have both the domestic and international boarding passes so should be trouble free at Sydney.

• Like 4

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Got my second test result and this one is signed and endorsed with QR code as ok for travel and I have checked in at Bendigo airport, my baggage will be transferred through to the international flight and I have both the domestic and international boarding passes so should be trouble free at Sydney.

Let us know of any trouble, we are doing our test at the airport the night before, of coarse they changed our flights and we'll be squeased to get a printed copy before we leave the domestic to register on our International flight. Might be able to find a five year old to help us down load the APP's,:hystery: flying QANTAS, good luck with your flight.

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

I am waiting at the gate for the flight to Manila no issues with electronic documents in Aussie, but if I'm going to have issues it will be at the other end.  Will update you after I land Clermont.

• Thanks 1
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Have a safe comfortable flight Geoff! 

• Thanks 1