Father and Mother passed away due to Covid

roddavis
Posted
Posted

I do not own this account, this belong to my 67 year old father Rod Davis. I am his son Ande Davis (20 years old), My father passed away due to Coronavirus and other complicated health, he was a loving and funny father I have ever had, I lost both of my parents in Philippines last year on August 2021 and December 2021. I wanted to write this because my father was always on this site just reading the topics and current situations happening in the Philippines. I have been struggling the passed months missing both of my parents, my parents always loved visiting different islands of the Philippines. Living in the Philippines since 2013 was the best time I ever had with them, going on vacations from island to island. I had nothing left when both of my parents passed away. We had a house in Cebu City and during the storm it destroyed our house, roof came off and flood came in. I tried my best to take care both of my parents, my dad was a type 2 diabetes which was hard for me to take care. Ever since my mom passed away in August, my dad was depressed and I've always tried to make happy all the time, when the time he was getting sick. No fever or anything was involved, just chest pain and hard to breathe. I even tried to get him to eat but he didn't want to since he refused. I even gave him vitamins and his other medications but it was getting worst and worst and then I took him to the hospital but the hospital was messed up and left him outside, I get it that the hospital was full but still as a doctor/nurse you are suppose to take care of the patient, not let them suffer. It was hard for me to see him in pain. The hospital didn't do anything at this point, I was mad, furious, and angry with them since they did not do anything but tell us to wait outside in the hot sun. From there I took him back home, I bought all the medical equipment for him. Oxygen tank, insulin, IV Bag and syringe of course I hired a medical nurse to help me out. But it just got worst and worst. I did what I can to help him. I blamed myself for everything, his death was because of me. So then I decided to move back to California to start a new life, till this day I'm still scared that they are both gone, I miss both of my parents a lot. Too all the Philippines Expats, please watch what you eat and drink, always take your vitamins and drink a lot of water. I just want the people to hear my side of the story. May my father and mother rest in peace.   

• I'm Confused 1
  • Sad 13

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Condolences to you and your family.  Thank you for letting us know about your dad and mom.  Rod was a good guy.  Don't blame yourself.  Everyone has their time.  I wish you luck in your new life in California.

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, roddavis said:

I blamed myself for everything

Don't do that.  Covid complications killed a lot of people and even the hospital could not help most of them.  Your advice to drink lots of water is the same advice the doctor gave my mother.  Covid tends to dehydrate you, it seems.  It is tough to be 20 years old with recently deceased parents.  It is very tough.  Be strong.  Take care of yourself.

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Your father Rod was a good man we are sorry to hear of his passing.

Don't blame yourself for the virus and lack of medical care in Philippines. It's NOT your fault. 

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My sincere condolence on the loss of your parents.  

• Like 4

baronapart
Posted
Posted

I am sorry for your loss...Do not blame yourself.

• Like 4

Viking
Posted
Posted

Sorry for your loss.

Don't blame your self. It's tough to loose both parents at your age.

Stay strong and try to think positive, you are probably on the bottom right now. It will feel hard for a while but eventually things will get better.

• Like 2