British Gangster Arrested in Philippines

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, expatuk2014 said:

I had to have a criminal check and a medical check before i married my wife here.

Are you sure you did not just produce a Certificate of No Marriage?

I can not find any info of any changes where anyone needs a police clearance to marry. Medical check? who asked for that or can you show me where it says you needed one? I'm not doubting you just wonder where this is comming from. 

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2022 at 11:52 AM, Doglover said:

There are so many criminal expats. About time some are arrested.

If you read the BI facebook page or the news you will see many are arrested from several different countries. 

• Like 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Another video of this fine upstanding gent

• Like 3

Gas
Posted
Posted
14 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Are you sure you did not just produce a Certificate of No Marriage?

I can not find any info of any changes where anyone needs a police clearance to marry. Medical check? who asked for that or can you show me where it says you needed one? I'm not doubting you just wonder where this is comming from. 

I think expat was referring to the 13a. When I did mine in the 90’s there was a 3 step medical which involved 3 different doctors at 3 different locations in Manila! 
My guess is the yob probably payed a agency/fixer to do his documents and bypassed any problems. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 5/3/2022 at 2:45 PM, Gas said:

I think expat was referring to the 13a. When I did mine in the 90’s there was a 3 step medical which involved 3 different doctors at 3 different locations in Manila! 
My guess is the yob probably payed a agency/fixer to do his documents and bypassed any problems. 

I dont have a 13a but it was mentioned in this topic that to get married someone had to do a medical and criminal check. Not sure why there is confusion.

Yes for a 13a you need those but to marry I did not and nothing in requirement's say anything about it and I guess you are correct, Expat is confusing the subject of marriage and/or 13a.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
On 4/8/2022 at 7:33 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Wall is holding a permanent resident visa, based on his marriage to a Filipina.

1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

it was mentioned in this topic that to get married someone had to do a medical and criminal check. Not sure why there is confusion.

Probably some confusion because the criminal had to get married to a Filipina AND get his permanent resident visa (13A) so somewhere along the line I would have thought he needed a criminal records check but I get your point that if the fellow lived in the Philippines for a long time as a tourist, before getting married, then he might never have to get a criminal record check from his home country . .  or at least it seems to have been the case in his circumstance.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

OzeMike
Posted
Posted
On 5/5/2022 at 4:06 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

Probably some confusion because the criminal had to get married to a Filipina AND get his permanent resident visa (13A) so somewhere along the line I would have thought he needed a criminal records check but I get your point that if the fellow lived in the Philippines for a long time as a tourist, before getting married, then he might never have to get a criminal record check from his home country . .  or at least it seems to have been the case in his circumstance.

Correct Dave ...just got my 13A (probationary) stamp in my passport ...took nearly 4 months start to finish....I haven't been back to Australia for 2 1/2 years and didn't need an overseas police check just an NBI Clearance.

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
Gas
Posted
Posted
On 5/3/2022 at 11:37 AM, Freebie said:

Another video of this fine upstanding gent

Life in prison? 
Walking around a free man in BGC last week. Money talks. 

• Sad 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gas said:

Life in prison? 
Walking around a free man in BGC last week. Money talks. 

How so?