Things I have not updated ya’all on.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Things I have asked the forum about but haven’t reported my results on:

The Mazda and the low profile tyres.

A friend in Manila went onto the Caroussel site and found a set of 16 inch rims for sale off a Mazda with tyres with 50 percent tread left on them.

Asking price 17k, not even worth to haggle over. 1k for road freight, 1k to swap rims over 3k to my friend. Instead of 35k a dealer wanted for new Chinese alloy rims and tyres, plus the dealer was giving me nitrogen fill for free, sorry I missed that con.

VPN’s: signed up for Nordvpn to access my lotto account in Australia. Didn’t work until I realised I was using the app and not the website. But here is the thing with these customer support people that they think that everyone has a degree in computer science, when they wanted me to do a dns leak test, take a mirror image of some part of my computer and step a developer site , that is when I spat the dummy and read there horoscopes on whom is paying what for what here. That was an hour ago so suppose there still digesting what I sent them.

JGF mentioned that I was incorrect in my assumptions of when my visa extension would start. He was correct and I will admit to not knowing what the phuck I was talking about..my bad on that one,

New Subject. 
Why in whatever reason does our gardener insist on sweeping bare earth of a morning, every morning and every morning I explain to her about mulching the pot plants but no every morning there is a fire outside.

I that’s everything.

bye for now.

• Like 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Why in whatever reason does our gardener insist on sweeping bare earth of a morning, every morning

That will never change.  I cannot explain it but even when the bare earth becomes 3 inches lower than the surrounding sidewalk they still do it.  Pet peeve of mine too,

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
52 minutes ago, Onemore52 said:

Why in whatever reason does our gardener insist on sweeping bare earth of a morning, every morning and every morning I explain to her about mulching the pot plants but no every morning there is a fire outside.

My Filipina wife lived in the USA for 8 years prior to our moving here to the Philippines.  When we bought our place she said we would mulch and not burn leaves as she knew from living in the US that it was good for both the garden and the air we breathe.   Fast forward five or so years and now all the leaves are being burned.   So I think it may be something that is deeply ingrained in the Philippine psyche.  That being said, she is really good about composting vegetable scraps, peelings, egg shells, etc.   Also she cleans and separates the cans and glass jars/bottles prior to taking them to the junk man. 

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Mike J said:

Fast forward five or so years and now all the leaves are being burned.   

As explained to me, it keeps the mossies' away.:whatever:

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Clermont said:

As explained to me, it keeps the mossies' away.:whatever:

Yes, but it only keeps the mossies away whilst the the leaves are actually being burnt. When the smoke stops, the mossies return. I guess there must be some Philippine logic there somewhere!

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I managed to get an explanation about this, it sounds like that series “believe it or not”.

The pathway in question has clumps of bamboo on our side of the fence and the theory is that the leaves of the bamboo are toxic and if left on the ground will poison the soil, and according to them is already happening because the grass has died there.

When I pointed out that there is no sunlight getting through there because of the bamboo they shrugged and kept on sweeping.

All you can do is try.

• Haha 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

they wanted me to do a dns leak test

I take Saw Palmetto for that every day

• Haha 2