Dasmarinas or Iloilo City?

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted (edited)

For a longer term stay i am set on trying Dasmarinas or Iloilo City.
Dasmarinas is close to Manila airport, but Iloilo has sea.

Which would you NOT PICK; and why?

Edited by f5m9v6

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I would not pick Dasmarinas.  Too many people, too much traffic, too much pollution, and the NCR region seems to get hit way to often with typhoons and flooding.  But I am one who prefers smaller cities/towns with fewer people.     

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted

I live in Iloilo so I'm biased!

I've not been to Dasmarinas so can't say why I wouldn't choose it but can give several reasons to choose Iloilo if you like.

• Like 2

Viking
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Mike J said:

NCR region seems to get hit way to often with typhoons and flooding.     

Really? I thought it was the east coast of the country that most often get hit hard by the typhoons?

Our family is in a suburb of Manila and I can't remember they being hit hard by a typhoon during the 25+ years I known them. However, flooding has occurred in some of the lower areas.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Viking said:

Really? I thought it was the east coast of the country that most often get hit hard by the typhoons?

Our family is in a suburb of Manila and I can't remember they being hit hard by a typhoon during the 25+ years I known them. However, flooding has occurred in some of the lower areas.

Destructive typhoon paths 2006 - 2016.   They do come from the east but then turn north.  Luzon gets hit more often and with more violence than Visayas or Mindanao.

745889-ocha_phl_destructive_typhoons_200

• Like 1

Viking
Posted
Posted

True, but it is mostly the east coast of Luzon that take the biggest hits. Typhoons get strength over water, so they are the strongest when they make landfall, but they then quickly get weaker when passing over land.

NCR, as you know, is on the west side of Luzon, when the typhoons get to the NCR area, they have already lost much of their strength and the NCR is therefore much less affected.

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I would not pick Dasmarinas , Sister on law , lazy husband , lazy kids/adults  , spoilt Kids/adults , but that’s just my thoughts 

• Haha 5

Eddie1
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, hk blues said:

but can give several reasons to choose Iloilo if you like.

HK, please feel free to give them reasons, I hear many good things of Iloilo yet I have 2 UK friends living there and both are leaving to come back to Dumaguete area as they say it is boring there.  Your opinion?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Eddie1 said:

they say it is boring there.

I have heard that more than a few times myself.  Enough that I never had any desire to check out Iloilo.  I got as far as Bacolod and it did not impress me so I went back to Duma.  As in all things, I suspect that a person is only bored when they don't find what they are looking for.  I wonder what the Op is looking for.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

I'll jump in here, Illo Illo is on Panay Island and from there you can visit resorts right around the island, it has it's own airport and sea port that services many of the Islands, it is an up and coming town with many projects being built, I wouldn't call it boring, it is a layback type of town, it sort of fits the people of Panay's lifestyle, layback not in a rush to do anything and happy to do nothing. FM, if you can't make up your mind, go for a visit and see, boot on the ground is a saying on here, nothing ventured nothing gained and I assure you you'll enjoy the lifestyle and the lifestyle of the whole island, no mad rushing here and there. Well I've painted a bit of a picture for you and you don't wont to go and see A place there's many a nice place to see on the island, good luck.  :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1