PI - Things I've Noticed This Time Around - Part 2

Doglover
Posted
Posted
On 4/16/2022 at 3:54 PM, BrettGC said:

Just my observations and impressions continuing on from part 1:

·         Filipino electricians are odd; you have to go to multiple places in a room to turn on all the fixed lights in a room.  In one case at our current rental, you have to go to the living room to turn on one of the kitchen lights.

·         Why use wall fans?  Ceiling fans cover more of the room.. But then again, the living room fan switch would probably be in the toilet. 

·         Tiny onions and potatoes annoy me.  I’ve finally convinced her to by the “big” ones.

·         BI staff in Dumaguete are genuinely helpful.

·         Our puppy is a loveable idiot (12 weeks old, we’ve had him since 5 weeks). 

May be an image of dog and indoor

·         The entire bathroom is a wet area as opposed to just the shower/bath.  Suits me fine, less glass to clean when there's no shower screen. 

·         We found some 3 ply toilet paper!!

May be an image of food and text that says "Kleenex BRAND BATHROOM TISSUE Ultra Soft Gentleto skin Cottony Soft"

·         Manually flushing toilets are interesting, especially if you use the above 3 ply toilet paper and actually try to flush.

·         Dipper/bucket showers are faster than the showers we’re used to.

·         In the home, Filipinos cook in such a way that by the time all the dishes are ready they’re cold.

·         Bitter melon (mapait nga melon) was created to punish evil doers.  I’ve tried a lot of food in my life, but this one is evil. 

·         After our trip to Guihulngan (3 hour drive each way), I’ve come to the conclusion that all Ceres Liner bus drivers should be taken out of the gene pool with extreme prejudice. 

·         Unlike Australia, foodstuffs labelled as hot/spicy in the supermarket actually have a bit of a bite to them; I like it.

There’ll probably be a part 3. 

Absolutely spot on.