Cavite Province Rental Assistance.

Clermont
Posted
Posted

We don't know your lifestyle or any of your preference's maybe if you wrote and told us, maybe we might be able to help a little more. :cheersty:

• Like 4

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Clermont said:

We don't know your lifestyle or any of your preference's maybe if you wrote and told us, maybe we might be able to help a little more. :cheersty:

Hi Clermont,

If the city has some nightlife, good; otherwise does not matter.
I am looking for a regular city with quality buildings, that does not have much burglary.
Markets. A mall if possible. Otherwise will go to manila malls for specific shopping.

I prefer to make the right choice from the start and stick around if i like it. In the top of my head I have kawit Imus/Bacoor as 3 options, but i have never been there so your and other members feedback is super valuable!

Let me know what you think and feel free to add a better city option. I am fine with anything is northwestern or nothern cavite.

Edited by f5m9v6
  • Like 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I would not even bother looking now as you are not there and even if I knew a contact it really is worthless unless you are here to view or understand exactly what your signing up for.

Anyone can paint a rosy picture of a place/house or room but unless you can check it out you wont know the downfalls which could be bad like the roster next door from hell or the 3 feet of water suddenly running through your kitchen.Ive seen some Ithink on this forum that had issues like for example signed a lease expecting to connect to the internet only to find none available. The list goes ons.

Best to do as others mentioned, turn up, find somewhere for the short term then look at your options.

Oh, as for which city, no idea as never been there.

You're right. Just thought you had some trustworthy contact from the areas.
Personally i am fine starting with Kawit in whatever accommodation i find; and then roam around.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, f5m9v6 said:

In the top of my head I have kawit Imus/Bacoor as 3 options, but i have never been there so your and other members feedback is super valuable!

There is a lot of building going on around that area mainly subdivisions and is easily accessible to Manila, the Airport, plus the lower half of Luzon Island for touring. If you settle on that area there is plenty of foreigner's sprinkled through out and as far as thieving goes, get used to it and listen to what people tell you about prevention., Most of the area is a busy place and parts of the area you have quoted are flood pron, wet season is on your doorstep so be careful where you rent. Markets and malls are a plenty transport no worries, if your chasing night life, I'm married can't help there but be careful DON'T GO ALONE meet up with an expat that you feel you can trust not a girl you just met. A lot of houses in the subdivisions are owned by overseas worker and rent them out to pay the loan off, ask the forum for recommendation of a suitable deal before you agree. When you get into the area book into a motel for a week to sus the area out, use a bit of common sense and you'll be alright, good luck. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, f5m9v6 said:

top of my head I have kawit Imus/Bacoor as 3 options,

Ok, with the above being said, I guess it is time for me to stick my oar in.

Kawit, Imus and Bacoor are basically Metro Manila,. They are right on the border and frankly when you drive between between the two in that area you can not tell where one starts and the other ends. You might want to think about expanding your area of interest to Las Pinas, Paranaque and Alabang. 

I live in western Paranaque next to Manila Bay, and for example I have walked to Kawit in about an hour (in my younger days :hystery:).

My question is do you have any contacts, friends, acquaintance, girl friend, fiancé, in the area at all?

• Like 1

f5m9v6
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, scott h said:

Ok, with the above being said, I guess it is time for me to stick my oar in.

Kawit, Imus and Bacoor are basically Metro Manila,. They are right on the border and frankly when you drive between between the two in that area you can not tell where one starts and the other ends. You might want to think about expanding your area of interest to Las Pinas, Paranaque and Alabang. 

I live in western Paranaque next to Manila Bay, and for example I have walked to Kawit in about an hour (in my younger days :hystery:).

My question is do you have any contacts, friends, acquaintance, girl friend, fiancé, in the area at all?

Hi Scott,

I'm ok with Las Pinas, Paranaque or Alabang. Although Paranaque seems to close to the busy center of metro manila.
But i'll let you chime here.

I just want to decide on a starting point and that's it.
I don't know anyone in Cavite area or above it at all !

I've got a trustworthy Filipino buddy that i know for some time but he is not in PH!
I know a serious broker from dumaguete and have few random filipino contacts from facebook from around the country.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
16 minutes ago, f5m9v6 said:

Alabang

That would be my choice.  Expensive but nice and you can take the SLX to get to airport or Makati very quickly.  I considered buying a condo there about 7 years back.  I imagine it is still a nice area.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/20/2022 at 8:32 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

That would be my choice.  Expensive but nice and you can take the SLX to get to airport or Makati very quickly.  I considered buying a condo there about 7 years back.  I imagine it is still a nice area.

Too expensive now, I think.  You should have bought the condo.  When I move here in 2012 there may have been a few affordable homes left.  Now everything has been renovated or torn down and made into super high end housing.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/20/2022 at 8:11 AM, f5m9v6 said:

I'm ok with Las Pinas, Paranaque or Alabang. Although Paranaque seems to close to the busy center of metro manila.

Is there any reason why you picked Manila or anywhere for that matter. Have you some reason to be thinking about the areas that you and others have mentioned? Many places all over the Philippines which might be good for you if you dont want a big city life.

• Like 4