Visa extension for 2 months

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/26/2022 at 10:09 AM, Onemore52 said:

bloody hell, you got off lightly.

I assume the post was for me. Why do you say that? If you mean the fine thats standard, 500 for every month plus 500 reconsideration fee. But like I said, she has my passport and normally takes care of things on time but for whatever reason failed this time so she had to pay the fine.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

standard, 500 for every month plus 500 reconsideration fee.

As I recall, there was an additional penalty that you would no longer qualify for a 6 month extension if you were ever late with an extension.  Not sure if that was a "Dumaguete" thing or if all places did that.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

As I recall, there was an additional penalty that you would no longer qualify for a 6 month extension if you were ever late with an extension.  Not sure if that was a "Dumaguete" thing or if all places did that.

Never heard of it and never do 6 months. Could be dead tomorrow so no point paying for something I wont use. :smile:

• Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
On 4/30/2022 at 1:25 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Never heard of it and never do 6 months. Could be dead tomorrow so no point paying for something I wont use. :smile:

Is it the same price for 2 separate 3 month extensions as it is for 1 6 month extension?

Might have to look at those photos I posted a while ago and do some adding up 😆 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, GeoffH said:

Is it the same price for 2 separate 3 month extensions as it is for 1 6 month extension?

I used to do them frequently, and as I recall the price of the 6 month extension was exactly the price of 3 separate 2 month extensions, and just as the price of each separate 2 month extension changes, so does the price of 3 of them (6 months).  The only advantage was in not going to BI every 2 months.  The big disadvantage was that if you leave the country before the 6 months runs out then pfft its expired the minute you leave.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
18 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

The big disadvantage was that if you leave the country before the 6 months runs out then pfft its expired the minute you leave.

Or as @Jollygoodfellow says, you die one month into a six month extension.   Last thoughts as Jolly suffers serious chest pains; "Crap what a waste, I could have used that extension money for some serious drinking"  :7500::7500::7500::hystery:

• Haha 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 4/19/2022 at 12:14 PM, Onemore52 said:

Interesting with what happens next, while I was in the BOI office I asked if I could get a 6 months extension next time, the official said no that I will have to keep getting 2 monthly extensions each time because I am not married to my partner.

I thought this might interest some of you.  I have posted it before but a long time ago.  This is my 3 years of visa costs, back in the day before I got my 13a.  The fees are directly from my receipts.  I think most of the fees have stayed the same.  Look at the exchange rates in row 21!  The peso was much stronger then so the extensions were more expensive!

6 month extensions did not start until 2014 and only at Intramuros.  Now they have them at other BI offices.

I think the 6 month extension saves a few small fees as opposed to 3 X 2 month, but not much pesos.

Screenshot (658).png

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
ThaiWolf
Posted
Posted
On 4/19/2022 at 11:36 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

Unless it changed due to covid rules it seems to depend on what office you go to for 6 month extensions. But never heard of needing to be married to get one.

I was told the same thing yesterday when I enquired about a 6 month extension after my visa waiver issuance. They said that I can apply for 6 months and it would be considered only if there are exceptional circumstances or I marry! Me and my girl both pulled faces :shock_40_anim_gif:That's not going to happen for awhile. They gave me another 30 days added to my visa exempt to make it a visa waiver then go back for a 2 month extension, again and again and again. ACR on the next visit. They also said if I wanted to, I could return the next day to extend the permission of stay for the 2 months and get the ACR card. Luckily, I only reside a 20 min taxi ride away. 

All in all, a painless exercise. I'd downloaded the form needed and filled it in (using PDF writer) accompanied with the necessary documents and copies.  

Onemore52
Posted
Posted (edited)

Yes, exactly what I was told at the Bicol office, no way am I walking down an altar again, I will do the 2 hour trip instead, there and back.

Works out an expensive trip with the price of fuel, lunch etc, better than the alternative.

Edited by Onemore52
Grammar

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 6/17/2022 at 8:12 AM, ThaiWolf said:

They said that I can apply for 6 months and it would be considered only if there are exceptional circumstances or I marry! 

I think if you do your first couple of extensions, like after your 29 days and pay your ARC you wont have a problem in most BI offices. 

Quote from Bi

Foreign nationals who are admitted with an initial stay of thirty (30) days may apply for a visa waiver first, granting an additional stay of twenty nine (29) in the Philippines. Thereafter, you may apply for one (1) month, two (2) months or six (6) months extensions at least one week prior to the expiration of your valid stay.

• Like 1