Required proof of vaccination

OleLeik
Posted
Posted

Hi. I was on my way to the Philippines back in 2020 to eventually apply for a retirement visa and settle down there, but... Global Covid lockdown.Two years later I want to make another attempt, but... now facing (rigid?) Covid related entry restrictions for my kind.

Do anyone here knows whether fully vaccinated people who are citizens in country's who's on the visa waiver list but are NOT on the list of approved national covid vaccination cerficates (such as Norwegians issued a  EU standard digital cerficate ) are rigidly denied entry or  'unoffically' allowed entry by airline staff and imigration ofiicers with less than officially approved but otherwise OK national vaccine cerficates?

That UN yellow card relick is not an realistic alternative for me  as it's far from common these days in my part of the world and don't seems to have actually been issued here since the vaccination records was digitaly registered in a common national database decades ago.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, OleLeik said:

Do anyone here knows whether fully vaccinated people who are citizens in country's who's on the visa waiver list but are NOT on the list of approved national covid vaccination cerficates (such as Norwegians issued a  EU standard digital cerficate ) are rigidly denied entry

I can tell you that our Canada issued "Proof of Vaccination" letters were intently scrutinized at many places in our journey.  But that was last month, in March, so it could change at any time.

I can also tell you that the most likely place to be refused is the airline check in agent at your point of departure because they know for sure if your proof of vaccination will be acceptable and they will not want to take the chance that they may have to bring you back when refused at immigration.

• Like 3

OleLeik
Posted
Posted

Thanks. Travel can be  messy these days due to the lack of common global standards and policies for these things. As it is I see no sound medical or technical reasons to reject it as it is basicly the same cerficate that are issued to citizens of other EU/EØS countries that are on the approved list, but.... bureaucracy and politics

It seems indeed that I along with millions of others are essentialiy blacklisted and considered persona non grata there for no other obvious reason than that our countries of orgins have not signed on some two way vaccination cerficate acceptance deal with the Philippines. 

Seems to me like a irrational, unwise and ill afforded choice by the Pinoys to play hardball on the issue given the presumed starving state of whats left in a somewhat functional state of their vital tourism and retirment industries. Oh, well. There is other places in the region where I'm more welcome and in more demand 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, OleLeik said:

It seems indeed that I along with millions of others are essentialiy blacklisted and considered persona non grata there for no other obvious reason than that our countries of orgins have not signed on some two way vaccination cerficate acceptance deal with the Philippines. 

Or you could get the World Health Organization International Certificate of Vaccination and Prophylaxis (WHO ICV)

You are trying to beat the system and that just does not work in a bureaucratic country like Philippines.  You are more than welcome in the Philippines if you jump through all their hoops, like the rest of us had to do.  It's up to you.

• Like 5

Viking
Posted
Posted

I'm in the same boat as you, Swedish, and our Covid vaccination certificate is denied as well. However, it's not a big deal getting the WHO yellow card, you can order it online and have your healtprovider sign it and you will be good to go!

This is only a very minor obstacle compared to many other issues you will face if you intend to live in Philippines. As others already have said, don't try to fight the system, adjust and adapt is the way to go 👍, or else, you will probably end up with an heart attack.

• Like 4

OleLeik
Posted
Posted

I talked to my doctor. She barely knew what a WHO ICV card was and asked why I would want or need of one in this day and age. Getting her to sign on that yellow relic on behalf of some random nurse students giving covid shots in a community centre months ago would be a issue. 

Quite frankly I will  probally not bother with it. its very much a buyers market these day and Phillipines seems to have lost sight of its main selling points. Pre covid the Pinoys used to offer the best deals and the less hassle, but times have changed

Looking at dealing with more pragmatic minded authorities, Cambodia should be a quite nice place to stay these days with the Chinese hordes stuck at home. Or Thailand once they come to senses and get rid of their Russian roulette style testing procedure. 

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, OleLeik said:

Cambodia should be a quite nice place to stay these days

Good luck on your trip to Cambodia.  Many will agree that logic escapes the minds of Philippine bureaucrats but it is what it is.   If you calm down and decide to come to the Philippines anyway, then stay in touch and let us know how it went.

Even if you do go to Cambodia, it would be nice to hear from you about how that went.  People are always looking to check out alternatives.

• Like 3

Viking
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, OleLeik said:

I talked to my doctor. She barely knew what a WHO ICV card was and asked why I would want or need of one in this day and age. Getting her to sign on that yellow relic on behalf of some random nurse students giving covid shots in a community centre months ago would be a issue. 

Quite frankly I will  probally not bother with it. its very much a buyers market these day and Phillipines seems to have lost sight of its main selling points. Pre covid the Pinoys used to offer the best deals and the less hassle, but times have changed

Looking at dealing with more pragmatic minded authorities, Cambodia should be a quite nice place to stay these days with the Chinese hordes stuck at home. Or Thailand once they come to senses and get rid of their Russian roulette style testing procedure. 

I think you are right.

Philippines is probably not the place for you, right now, but there are many other alternatives to choose from.

I hope you find a nice place 👍

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 4/18/2022 at 3:31 PM, OleLeik said:

Thailand once they come to senses and get rid of their Russian roulette style testing procedure. 

You will be happy to know that,,,,

Thailand Travel Updates for May 1, 2022

Thailand is easing its entry requirements and Thailand Pass process from the 1st of May, 2022.

How a traveler enters Thailand will depend on their vaccination status.

What is changing?

There are 4 major changes:

The Test & Go and Sandbox schemes are being removed for vaccinated travelers. It has been replaced with the No Quarantine program.
RT-PCR testing is no longer required when entering Thailand.
COVID-19 insurance is reduced from $ 20,000 USD to $ 10,000 USD
Unvaccinated travelers can enter Thailand by 5-day Alternate Quarantine or a No Quarantine program if they have a pre-departure RT-PCR test.

What is staying the same?

All visitors must have an approved Thailand Pass to enter Thailand.
All visitors need a COVID-19 insurance policy for the duration of their stay.

Vaccinated travelers will apply for a Thailand Pass and include:

Passport profile page
Flight itinerary to confirm the arrival date
A certificate of full (2 doses) vaccination
A COVID-19 insurance policy with USD$ 10,000 minimum coverage

Unvaccinated travelers will apply for a Thailand Pass and include:

Passport profile page
Flight itinerary to confirm arrival date in Thailand
A COVID-19 insurance policy with USD$ 10,000 minimum coverage
Alternate Quarantine hotel booking for 5 nights (Quarantine program), OR
An RT-PCR test result no older than 72 hours before the departure date (No Quarantine) in lieu of a vaccination certificate

Changes for children under the age of 18:

Can be added to a parent or guardians Thailand Pass and will enter Thailand under the same method as the parent.
Do not need to be vaccinated.
Do not have to do a pre-departure COVID-19 test or test on arrival.

Source by email alerts from Thailand