Back to Baguio!

17 minutes ago, earthdome said:

Are there any immigration issues for your step-daughter once she turns 18?

I see that you have read this topic so I won't answer you there in the other topic.  Our situation is described above.

No issues with my step-daughter's age.  There is a law that freezes a child's age to the age when you apply.  We already have the I-130s approved, DS 260's paid and submitted, and the cases are at NVC, so she is 16 forever.  I can postpone the cases for years as long as I stay in contact with NVC once a year.  One caveat.  That all goes out the window if she marries.  She has to stay single.

Who knows, she may not want to go later, depending on how long we delay.  She has a boyfriend now, an older man.  She will be 18 in July and he just turned 20.  He is a good guy so far as I can see.

We are proud of her today!  She has High Honors and is also a model for the school advertising campaign!

279111890_1041563716740647_2461105557082671964_n.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I see that you have read this topic so I won't answer you there in the other topic.  Our situation is described above.

No issues with my step-daughter's age.  There is a law that freezes a child's age to the age when you apply.  We already have the I-130s approved, DS 260's paid and submitted, and the cases are at NVC, so she is 16 forever.  I can postpone the cases for years as long as I stay in contact with NVC once a year.  One caveat.  That all goes out the window if she marries.  She has to stay single.

Who knows, she may not want to go later, depending on how long we delay.  She has a boyfriend now, an older man.  She will be 18 in July and he just turned 20.  He is a good guy so far as I can see.

We are proud of her today!  She has High Honors and is also a model for the school advertising campaign!

Did you go through an adoption with your step-daughter?  I'm just curious because I will be starting the process with my step-son.

On 4/23/2022 at 4:11 PM, OnMyWay said:

Weekend trip, the traffic is worse than ever.  Friends who went at the end of February said it was quiet.  No more.

IMG20220423141712.jpg

IMG20220423143438.jpg

IMG20220423143438.jpg

I drove there for a few nights in March.  Drive there and back were just horrendous, as those impatient kamikaze drivers nearly killed me too often as they kept passing me around blind curves.  One small justice, a pickup truck that nearly killed me on my way up flipped over on its side almost at the top of the mountain before the PNP checkpoint.  It just wasn't worth the trouble so will not be going back.

4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Yeah, I hadn't seen your post on this thread yet. Thanks for the updates. Hmm, high honors is awesome. Not so sure what I would think of my daughters picture hung up everywhere.

6 hours ago, Youngster said:

Did you go through an adoption with your step-daughter?  I'm just curious because I will be starting the process with my step-son.

No, I never considered adoption because I read it was long and difficult, and she still has some tiny contact with her birth father and his family.  Every 2 years or so.

5 hours ago, earthdome said:

Not so sure what I would think of my daughters picture hung up everywhere.

There is only one of her, then 7 with other students of various levels, on the road near the school.  They will be up for 2 months.  We signed a permission slip before the photo shoot.

19 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

Quite right to be proud too.

P.S. I'm just gutted to read that a man of 20 is now considered an older man!

• Haha 3